Anyone going Duckhurst BSJA this weekend??

Rambo

Visit site
No.....
frown.gif
No SJ'ing for us this w/e
frown.gif
Have fun though, and good luck
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I'm not going coz i aint affiliated yet but i will be soon so you better watch out he he

Good luck though, let us know how you get on
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Come on a ticket Kelly...Thanks, we are gonna see what the weather does as won't have to go until the arfo, just doing BN and the 1m amt qualifier...:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these classes normally 1 & 2 at Duckhurst
crazy.gif

Sorry, haven't seen the schedule but would hate you to miss your classes
tongue.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Erm ??? Not confirmed but heard they had strangles? as do about 5 yards in kent at the moment xx

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh FFS ! And we were there a fortnight ago
mad.gif
I hope you're wrong !

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Come on a ticket Kelly...Thanks, we are gonna see what the weather does as won't have to go until the arfo, just doing BN and the 1m amt qualifier...:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these classes normally 1 & 2 at Duckhurst
crazy.gif

Sorry, haven't seen the schedule but would hate you to miss your classes
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops !

Just seen the schedule (it wasn't there last time I looked honest !)...sorry, didn't realise it was an Intro show...DOH!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
what sort of area are you rambo ?? theres ALOT about at the moment

[/ QUOTE ]

Just across the border in the (relative) safety of East Sussex
tongue.gif

Vicki1986

Visit site
My YO heard it and stopped us going there last w/end said she's prefer it if we didnt.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i think there are a few east sussex yards infected too - or it might surrey - hang on i will ask on another forum rather than give incorrect info.

there are 3-4 yards in bexley area's infected, i think 1 or 2 in medway and some others a bit further a field

juliehannah58

Visit site
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Surely if Duckhurst had Stangles there would be a notice on their website as all shows would have to be cancelled. Trouble is with these things is you never know if it's true or not as rumours spread so quickly.
mad.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I would of thought they would of cancelled it too seen as they are quite a big show centre.

However at one of my old yards many moons ago, our YO's horse got it, they had the horse checked out and vet confirmed but YO didn't tell any of the liverys and kept turning the horse out causing another 6 horses to come down with it
shocked.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
OOH can anyone confirm this then?? Dont wanna go if it's the case.....and what other places in kent?? Im near Lenham way!!

Rambo - DOH, yeh see i looked first lol...should really go the sunday show but cant be arsed with the earlier start lol

Vicki1986

Visit site
Well i wouldve thought they'd shut as like to think they are a responsible centre - i have never heard otherwise.

3 yards on stable lane in bexley are confirmed - the biggest is still holding shows - as it always does when it has strangles (nice)

the arrow riding centre has cancelled there dressage this sunday as so many yards are now infected - which is a responsible and sensible approack - although what about everyone at jumpcross last w/end?! i know you were there kelly but im sure you stayed a distance from other neds?

Lill

Visit site
I dunno if they would shut, they didn't during the foot and mouth thing nor did they shut when they had ringworm though i guess thats not quite the same. Was going to go there tonight for the Thursday evening show you've got me not sure if i'm going to go now! May drive there first and see whats going on before i take the horses there.

Vicki1986

Visit site
To be honest if your taking your horses as long as you stay away from other etc etc etc and take precautions im sure you'd be fine, but i personally wouldnt take the risk.
I always was told its only spreadable by contact but apparently once they start showing it, coughing etc its airborn?

Lill

Visit site
Having read a few previous posts and threads on here apparently it is not airbourne but transferable by contact, including by human hands and clothes, buckets etc and its the snot coming into contact with other horses that would give them it.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Someone i know has just rung Duckhurst (as they are competing at the weekend too) and Duckhurst have confirmed that they DO NOT have straggles.

They mentioned they yards in Bexley that have but said they dont have it.

susan_w

Visit site
This kind of post really bugs me - Strangles is contagious by contact - there is always strangles around, and as long as you respect certain rules with contact between horses, and drinking from shared water troughs etc, you should be OK. Even if Duckhurst did have strangles, my daughter would still go there to compete on Sunday as she never touches other horses then hers, keeps her own horse away from other people, doesn't let him drink from shared water etc.

Also, show centres already struggle enough to get competitors, without uninformed people posting things like this, as there are a lot of people who won't go there now, just because it's been suggested. Trust me, I know, because we've had people say things in the past about our yard - which always turn out to be rumour!

This is not directed at any one person, and is not intended to offend anyone - and it's just my opinion, which I am entitled to!

Vicki1986

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Someone i know has just rung Duckhurst (as they are competing at the weekend too) and Duckhurst have confirmed that they DO NOT have straggles.

They mentioned they yards in Bexley that have but said they dont have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah thats good then. although my friend will be annoyed as she wasnt allowed to go becasue of the rumour!!

I know what you mean susan and as you say your entitled to your opinion, i know that one of the yards - that regularly holds shows - has got it and are still holding shows, my opinion is i wouldnt go as its not really fair to take the risk not only for my own pony but others on my yard. i too dont touch other horses etc etc but its too easy for a friend to touch one then touch yours etc.
at the end of the day obviously not quarantining yards and being sensible about it has led to it spreading all down one road in bexley, which must be a right pain in the arse for the more conscientious horse owners on that street