Anyone going to Burgham?

Missypp

Visit site
I've heard via my trainer that she spoke to someone tonight from alnwick says its raining which matches the weather forecast. Tomorrow looks bad.... Fingers crossed they remeber to turn the tap off!

beh

Visit site
Just spoken to a friend of a friend who has been to the course, apparently the ground is strangely great! There have been arctic lorrys driving on and off with no problem, however she has not seen the back field and we do have a weather warning for Friday apparently so who knows? Fingers crossed though!

Sarah_K

Visit site
Have just stuck my head out of the door. It's raining but not too heavily. Although I'm only 10 mins north of Burgham, it's the other side of the valley to me. Was lashing down at my house this morning when I left for work, but was dry down there.

Latest weather reports for this area say rain tomorrow, but dry on Thursday. Hope there's a good drying wind to go with it!

punk

Visit site
Any update from those in the area?? Weather forecast was dire for the Alnwick area and for Lothians and borders, but we are East Lothian and the rain has been off for a while, so am hoping the forecast was wrong!!!

Sarah_K

Visit site
It's dry in Morpeth (10 miles south) at the moment. Hasn't rained for about an hour. even looking almost bright! :)

Will be driving home in about 30 mins so will see what its like up there.

This is the latest BBC forecast. Not looking too bad! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ne65

Last edited:

Missypp

Visit site
Be update British Eventing Official
Following heavy rainfall in Northumberland this morning, a course inspection will take place tomorrow midday at Burgham (2).

The weather forecast is improved for this evening and tomorrow.

Please note that the Burghley Young Event Horse Qualifiers will continue if the main event is cancelled.

We will post further information tomorrow as and when we receive it - please keep an eye on the BE website.

See what tomorrow brings!

HettyG

Visit site
Hope everyone who attended Burgham had a great weekend - the Intermediate event was postponed till today (monday) which was great for the BE90 BE 100 and novice classes, with almost 700 entries the ground held up amazingly, we had a fab weekend with 2 first timers in the BE90 both went really well and one friend in the BE100 on Sunday, all reported fabulous going. Today's Intermediate event was on firm ground with one or two soft bits but by no means any mud - Hats off to the organisers, ground crew, judges etc you did a fabulous job in demanding conditions. Looking at the car park at the end of today you would never think there had been an event - Well done Burgham