anyone going to Henly market

clipertyplop

Visit site
just remembered..... a friend of mine bourght a 6mnt old colt from there on impulse he had no way of getting it home he took the back seat out of his mk 2 cortina and drove it back to the other side of brum with the colts feet round his neck lol 30yrs ago how far would he get now ??????

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Last time I went there the auctioneer was taking bids off the light fittings! It's not a true auction there for tack, he just bumps up prices from imaginary bidders until he gets the reserve & trys to find someone willing to buy. Not Good

ticobay831

Visit site
Oh well, i thought i might get the chance to meet up with one of you
frown.gif

right im off now will report back later.
Cheque book left safely at home ( not really in pocket but dont tell other half)
grin.gif

Debs x

jinglejoys

Visit site
Got Blue from Henley
Bms.jpg

She was almost jet black then! But don't go much anymore since I got Malaga unless someone wants a painting done--they just don't have the class of Mule I'm looking for and who can beat Malaga in this country!
grin.gif

MalagaettheEMWevent.jpg

ticobay831

Visit site
Hi, yes were they the ones round the back in the end pen, there were a few together.
There was quite allot of nice looking ones there today a fair few that i would have liked to bring home but hay hoy you cant buy them all.
Did you see that beautifull chestnut colt with flaxen mane and tail? what a fab looking horse, i had a few words with the owner asked him what the hell he was doing bringing such lovely looking horse to a place like this, he said he bought him for a day out!!! arse. Apparantly he didnt sell, the guy wanted lots for him. I just got angry as i usually do!! cant see why anyone who thinks anything of their animals would take them to a bloody auction like henly, but they do
mad.gif

Debs x

jinglejoys

Visit site
If the colt was a descent one and in front of the Market with other coloureds in good nick that was probably Les's and he doesn't sell cheap.It is just a shop window to him and if people want them they'll pay if not he's just as happy taking them home.