Anyone good as maths?

charlie55

Visit site
If rubber matting was 5ft 8 x 3ft 4, and my stable is 12x12...How many would i need? I think its 6 but i need to make sure as i dont want to be left short.. And my brain isnt working
smirk.gif
Thanks girls.

Taffster

Visit site
I dont think you will need any more than that you will have an 8" gap which you could fill with the remnants from your overhang or just leave a little gap at the front

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Mats are normally 6' x 4' so it takes 6 mats to fit a 12' x 12' stable. The measurements you have given show the mats you are considering are smaller so you will need 8 mats to entirely cover your stable floor.

The Maths:
Stable floor 144 inch x 144 inch = 20736 square inches
Mat area: 68 inch x 40 inch = 2720 square inches
20736 divide by 2720 = 7.62 mats

You will therefore need 8 mats
To be honest unless the mats you are considering are at a really good price I would look somewhere else as you need 2 more mats than you normally would need & that means more expenditure.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you will need any more than that you will have an 8" gap which you could fill with the remnants from your overhang or just leave a little gap at the front

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, if you only buy 6 mats you will have a gap of 8 inches at the side but you will also have a gap of 24 inches at the front or back. There will be no remnants to use to fill in as you will be over 1.5 mats short.
frown.gif

charlie55

Visit site
Oh thankyou!! God, how the hell you done that in square inches ill never know! Very clever indeed. Thanks alot xx

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
These mats on this link aren't quite the cheapest around but they are 18mm thick, which is ideal for a horse stable. They are 6ft x 4 ft so you would only need 6 to do your stable & the pattern on them makes them easy to sweep out. The one's with the round bobbles one are horrible to sweep, they hold loads of wet bedding. I've bought from them in the past & they are a reputable company:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubber-Stable-Mats...%3A2%7C294%3A50

Good Luck with whatever mats you get
smile.gif