Anyone got a pic of their horse wearing an english hackamore?

Parkranger

Visit site
Just want to check that I've fitted mine properly.....

Boy seemed to go nicely in it....but I'mjust worried about the overall fitting of it!

thankx

lisan

pets.webshots.com
does this help?

Photo-0146.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
Ah ues thanks - mine looks a bit further down but not on the soft part of the nose - think he's just got a longer nose!

I was worried that the cheek straps were too far forward but they look the same on yours....

he went quite well in it in the school - we'll see tomorrow when we hack out! x

Parkranger

Visit site
My boy is an ex racer so has to be ridden more with your seat than reins anyway - too much contact and his heads in the air and it's battle time! we rode out in a dually headcollar last weekend and he was fab so should be ok - def feel as if I have more control in a hackmore though.

he was actually working in a nearoff outline which suprised me - he's much more inclined to work in a rounder shape in the dually (lunging/riding) or in the hackamore....perhaps it's the nose pressure I don't know....

Fingers crossed though!

One thing - he actually stood still for the first time in 2 months for me to get on - and he hasn't been ridden for a week - think that the bit was really getting on his nerves!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
The only trick May had when I first rode her in it, was to put her head higher than mine and run off, so I had no control whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, she seems to quite like it now! I always use it for hacking, have also taken her to xc and the gallops in it with no problem.

You should be fine, let us know how it goes!

Parkranger

Visit site
well hopefully ty doesnt twig how that works! he certainly seems more comfy in it so I just need to see how it goes I suppose! x

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but I wouldnt fancy having a canter in a stubble field and certainly not xcing in one!

[/ QUOTE ]

i did think this but we don't have much control in a snaffle so I'll try anything once! His problem is lack of exercise (my fault) so we're gonna start the new regime tomorrow - and look for a sharer! x

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oshk never tookto the english- I used it after he had the op on his tooth, but, like L154xxx said, mine liked to throw his head and p*ss off! I xced him in a German hackamore/snaffle combo once, but that bit is more servere.
Mine was a little too low down I think on this occasion
SP_A6687.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
Did he school ok in it? I had the best schooling session (albeit brief) that I've had in ages - no napping towards the gate and only one minor buck although it may have been his normal racehorse 'leap' into canter!

Oh well, if I'm not on here again, you know that I shouldn't have hacked him out in it! x

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
Ours is an ex racer and he came with bitless bridle, it was awful, head in the air etc, we simply bit hollowmouth in his gobby and he has the most fantastic outline, in short bursts of course but bitless was rubbish!!