Anyone got a WB x Shire? Here's my foal

hayinamanger

Visit site
I have not known any of this cross. I would love to know what you do with yours and see some pictures. Thank you.

LPIC1640.jpg

LPIC1644.jpg

LPIC1633.jpg

LPIC1636.jpg

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
I am fan of TB x shire, but have been converted to Wb x Shire lol, I so need your beautiful BiG foal, he is gorgeous!!

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Gorgeous chunky monkey what are your plans for him I have only ever met tb x shires and loved them :D Don't keep us in suspense I am guessing the daddy is palomino or cremello wb???? :p

hayinamanger

Visit site
Thanks for your replies, he's a week old in the pics, big foal.

Spot on Cloball, his sire is the WB Falko, he's a perlino.

TuscanBunnyGirl, the mare was in foal when I bought her.

jrp204, I'm hoping he will stay palomino.

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
great to see the stallion will be very interesting to see how he grows up :D Love his baby fluffy ears. He is a fabulous colour definitely going to stand out in :p

AdorableAlice

Visit site
He is going to be a big boy, congratulations, lovely mare but the barbed wire in their field is giving me the hebegebee's. My foals bounce off my fencing on a regular basis !

Fools Motto

Visit site
He is going to be a big boy, congratulations, lovely mare but the barbed wire in their field is giving me the hebegebee's. My foals bounce off my fencing on a regular basis !

Barbed wire it may be, but it looks taught and in good condition. It isn't at 'fetlock/knee/hock height', so unless foaly wants to show some jumping skills, I doubt it will cause any issues. It is much better to have barbed wire than straight wire.

As for the foal himself, a very hansom man indeed. All the best with him. Love the mare too, wouldn't mind my own shire!!!

hayinamanger

Visit site
I was expecting comments about the barbed wire. Our land is fenced for Shires, our buildings are Shire proof, too. The stock fencing is high and tight. Like Fools Motto, I would always prefer to have barbed wire than plain, horses have so much more respect for it. I have seen hideous injuries caused by plain wire.

I'm glad you like the foal. I am calling him Zephyr and OH has taken to calling him Colonel Custard. :eek:

DollyDolls

Visit site
We've got a Shire x Trakehner (the black one in the sig). She's 7 this yr and I love her breeding. She's given my OH the best fun in all spheres and I can enjoy doing proper showing on her too.

She's in foal to a warmblood so that we can get something with a bit more blood for me. :)

I would use this breed cross any day. Enjoy yours!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Ah he is stunning! Are you keeping him?

I definitely hope to have one or two Shire or Clydesdale mares to breed from in the future as I have a Clydesdale x ID so is absolutely amazing!!! She's 26 now, but still in work, I love riding her so much :D

hayinamanger

Visit site
DollyDolls, your mare is absolutely stunning. :)

MillionDollar, realistically, no, much as I'd love to keep him. He will go to the best competition home I can find for him.