Anyone got a Witter Towbar on their RAV4?

Eaglestone

Visit site
I am thinking about getting a Witter Towbar fitted to my RAV4 2005 model, which has parking sensors.

If you have got this configuration, are you able to post some side on pictures, so I can see how much one would stick out?

Also, have you had any problems with the parking sensors being set off by the Towbar?

Thankee :)

Also on SB ...

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I had a towbar on my rav 4 I had to have the sort that folds under when not used, sort of if you get my drift, anyway when I don't need it it folds back, or my parking sensors are useless!! It was £250 fitted but don't go to toyota for a quote!! Find a tow bar local fitter.

Witter Fitter

New User
Visit site
Hello, the Witter towbar will not set the sensors off on the 2005 Rav4, you can easily convert to a detachable if you do get problems.
product_review.php
this is an image of the detachable.

I have better side on pictures but cannot attach, happy to email a set to you though.

Andrew

taranana

Visit site
I've got a Witter detachable which came with the car. I have to admit I've turned the parking sensors off as they drive me nuts when I'm trying to reverse the trailer but no, the towbar doesn't affect them.

Eaglestone

Visit site
Hello, the Witter towbar will not set the sensors off on the 2005 Rav4, you can easily convert to a detachable if you do get problems.
product_review.php
this is an image of the detachable.

I have better side on pictures but cannot attach, happy to email a set to you though.

Andrew

Thank you so much for the information Witter Fitter :D, just the information I wanted to know.

I have not looked for replies on my thread, until today, so I hope you are still around to know you have helped me .... I see it was your first post, so thank you again.

I have tried to get the image link to work, but it is not playing ball :(. If you can email the pictures mentioned to me at eaglestone@fsmail.net that would be brilliant.

Many thanks.

Eaglestone

Visit site
I've got a Witter detachable which came with the car. I have to admit I've turned the parking sensors off as they drive me nuts when I'm trying to reverse the trailer but no, the towbar doesn't affect them.

Thank you also for your help and advise Taranana and so sorry for such a late 'thank you' :eek:

Eaglestone

Visit site
Hi Eaglestone, what are you intending to tow (horse/horses or something else) as you may want to check out first before spending your money + being road legal etc.

Hello there :)

I am only wanting to tow a little 31/2 ' x 4' trailer, that belongs to my Dad .... so no problem there .... apart from my ability to reverse with it attached :eek:

Anyway, do you have one on your RAV that you can send me some pictures of?

Hope all ok with you?