Anyone got any ideas

AlisonG

Visit site
Hi

I'm pretty new here and I wondered if anyone had any brainwaves about how I can get back involved with horses. (I hope this is in the right forum)

I rode for about 10 years, but stopped when I went to uni (money, injury yadda sure you heard it all before) however I am really keen to get back into it. I made quite a decent level and got used to bringing on babies made all my area teams etc. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit rusty though.

I'm thinking of doing my BHS Stage 1 and 2, which if my muscles and brain remember corectly shouldn't be a problem.

the thing is I don't know how to get back into riding. I'm at the stage where I resent having to pay to ride in a generic sense because I normally make someones horse go better. Obviously I don't mind paying to make me better, there is always considerable room for improvement.

I don't own a horse anymore and couldn't afford the time (or money) to do it. If I do something I want to do it properly and I know I couldn't resist buying an eventer.

Do you think I could make a sharer. My OH is learning to ride and can manage all four paces but not looking especially pretty. I'm sure he woudl be over the moon if we coudl find something to suit both of us

Is there anything out there for me? Am I just being too picky? And is there anywhere closer than Severn Vale to Cardiff where I could do some more advanced stuff?

You seem a friendly and knowledgeable bunch so I am hoping you can help!

Thanks!