Anyone got Eugano AES stallion (Lugano Van La Roche) Offspring??

Arkmiido

Visit site
Although Eugano was sadly PTS a couple of years ago after breaking his leg, I have one of his last foals, who is an absolute sweetie! Just wondering if she has any relatives out there? Eugano was an Anglo European Studbook stallion, by Lugano Van La Roche. He stood in Yorkshire, and later in Kent. I'm sure he has sired some pretty nice sports horses, and thought I'd see if I could find any of them!! I'll put up some pics of Kim, who was out of my ISH mare.

riversideeu

Visit site
Hi

PM me if you like, I used to look after him at Carlton Bank Stud and have bred quite a few by him. I can let you know about many of his foals including a brood mare I have by him. I wondered what had happened to him. Sad that he broke his leg. He must have been quite an age by then. He was a lovely horse and had some very good stock.

gemmcd

New User
Visit site
Hi

Riversideeu, I think I must have one he is called Carlton night flight, he is brill, such a character. We do medium dressage. Love him! xx

Lgd

Visit site
An old trainer of mine nr Durham has a gelding by him. He must be around 21yo now and still gets ridden regularly, although his competition career was cut short around Medium level due to a pelvic injury.

kerilli

Visit site
i had one, i'm not 100% sure if he was by Eugano or by Ugano (Eugano's son, I was told.)
mine was a huge bay gelding (as in, 18hh ish) with oodles of scope, very sweet temperament, and a lot of spookyness. unfortunately he broke down before i could do more than novice event him, but he always felt as if he could have jumped a house... in fact, he's the only horse i've ever sat on that i think i could have ridden down to a puissance wall on.
my lad's with a friend now, as a hack/dressage horse.

Arkmiido

Visit site
Wow, this is all very interesting! I'm just backing Kim at the moment - she's very sweet, oodles of scope too, but barely made 15.1 out of a 16.1 mare! She has quite a strong "no, I don't feel like doing that thanks!" streak in her though! Nothing scares her. Would love some pics if anyone has any. I think Eugano made it to 25/26ish when he was pts, had an accident in the field but had still been covering mares up to that point!!

kerilli

Visit site
mine's the 2nd from right in my siggy, here's another pic of him, gives some idea of his size and scope i think:
MoosiePN3001.jpg

probably just about the best i've ever sat on, tbh.

Arkmiido

Visit site
mine's the 2nd from right in my siggy, here's another pic of him, gives some idea of his size and scope i think:
MoosiePN3001.jpg

probably just about the best i've ever sat on, tbh.
Wow - yes I see what you mean! Think the expression of ?glee? on your face says it all!! The family resemblance is what is really hitting me though - Kim has a star but if she didn't, it could be the same face!! She's the same bright bay.. But she's dinky;)
I must take some pics of her, you might see what I mean!
Anyone else with photos of this family, I'd be really interested - I think its a super bloodline. The more I do with Kim, the more I adore her - she's so smart and sensitive, and somehow her paces have more elevation and wow factor than my big dozy Rhinelander!!

goldsky

New User
Visit site
Hi just found this thread! I have a 6yo gelding by Eugano and he is simply FAB! He is bay,15.3hh and oozes character. Just started competing in dressage competitions and definately living up to expectations. :D

Whispers1

New User
Visit site
Hi found you guys while looking into my horses breeding, I too have a 3 year old by Eugano x cruise missile, sweet bright bay standing at 15.3 with great movement, however talent not established yet but due to break in spring time. I know nothing of the breed so any info would be useful thanks!

Last edited:

Twinkle<3

Visit site
Hellooo I Have A Gorgous Palomino Mare ShowJumper That Is Sired By Eugano She Has A Wonderful Temperment And Has A Lovely Jump On Her Just Like Her Dad I Have Been Trying To Find Out What Happened To Him And It Looks Like You Are The Person Could You Tell Me Abit More About Him ?? In This Folder That Came With Twinkle There Was Lots Of Photos And Letters From Past Owners And One Of Them Says "the owners of eugano bred twinkle as they had her mother champane bubbles as they had bad debt. Eugano is a 16.3hh Dutch walmblood,chestnut sire of many famous show jumpers and brother to Optibeiers Eugano, Said to be rated 4th best showjumper in the world!" i hope that has given u some more infomation on your horses bloodline :) Thanks From Olivia :)

bahi

New User
Visit site
thanks. just to see what his other off spring are doing my gelding is a black 16 2 he has been cheeky from day 1 has a very good temperment we are starting to do some dreasage now but he can be a bit cheeky be nice to see some pics of others.

appyalison

New User
Visit site
I have a blanket spotted son of his, called Geronimo,
Bred by a lady in Yorkshire called Jane, stood as a stallion himself for a few years. He stands 15.2

beverley caines

New User
Visit site
Hi, Sorry to hear that Eugano is no longer with us, we did not know this. We have a 12 year old mare (Pallygano) by Eugano and and also a 4 yr old grandaughter (Elgano). We can be contacted on 07976401629. We are in Leicestershire. Regards, Grahame and Beverley.

Sophiee24

New User
Visit site
Hi there, was just wondering if anyone would have some info on Eugano’s offspring, geronimo Vii. I rescued a mare 2 years ago and have found this is her father. If anyone has any info that would be amazing