Anyone had NLP for confidence issues?

Coblover63

Visit site
Whilst I'm generally a happy- hacker, solo or in company, I have phobias about jumping and being watched when I ride, which is why I only do in-hand showing with my boy!

I'd love to know if anyone has had success with NLP as Fit2Ride hold a one-day, unmounted confidence building session on a regular basis, not too far away and I'm wondering whether it would be as beneficial as it looks.

Thanks in advance.

buddylove

Visit site
Yes! I have been on that course and it's brilliant. I used to feel physically sick before i got on, now i can manage that and don't dig up excuses not to ride anymore.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
I haven't been on that course but have had NLP when i was having bad anxiety, it really helped me a lot.

Also really recommend the book 'That winning feeling! programme your mind for peak performance' by Jane Savoie. Its an old book but really helps you stop focusing on the negative and the what if's.

LHIS

Visit site
I've been on that course. I found it useful and though not all of the tips and tricks have worked for me, I'm glad I went.
Warning - if you're anything like me I found it all very emotional. I was sniffling my way through the day. I felt like a weight had been lifted and I found some comfort that I wasn't the only nervous nelly who darent ride their horse.
Good luck x