Anyone have any feedback for Barnsby Liberte, Extreem, and Albion Kontact and Kontrol

georgiegirl

Visit site
Evening all :)

So, have the saddle fitter coming out to see if we can tweak our Bates Momentum and get it fitting all lovely again (I love this saddle) but I may have to face the possibility that it is no longer the one for Autumn any more :(

So.....does anyone have any feedback on the Barnsby Liberte and Extreem and the Albion Kontact and Kontrol saddles? The fitter I have coming out is a main Barnsby and Albion stockist so I imagine if the Bates cant be saved then these are the models we may start off looking at.....I deliberately havent included the albion k2 jump - had one before and have decided I like my flat, not so blocky jumping saddles :) I think she also stocks Harry Dabbs too but I dont know an awful lot about them....

Thankies!!

I_A_P

Visit site
I have just recently got an Albion kontact (second hand) which I like. I'm long legged and can fit in it and it fits me boy well. Much comfier than the brand new one I initially tried as well so worth bearing in mind if you are trying a brand new one. I previously had a wow in xc set up which was totally flat seated as no blocks so am getting used to having a bit more there. Good luck

Befney3

Visit site
I have a Kontrol & I love it! I'm only short but my legs are fairly well proportioned & the knee rolls are great. I don't jump to any great standard (90cm on a good day) but like it for hacking & the odd bit of schooling too. Mine was also 2nd hand & has always been really comfy.

zoon

Visit site
I had an albion kontrol. Bought it because of the massive blocks and relatively deep seat for a jump saddle, so maybe not the one for you?

CrazyMare

Visit site
I have a Barnsby Milton, very flat, no blocks. My saddler says I would love the Xtreeme based on what I have, and what I don't like.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
We had a Kontrol for the previous boy, but the flat seat version so not deep at all. K loved it and she is really long hip to knee but it was fine for her as pony could only take a 17" tops but she could get her stirrups plenty short enough.

georgiegirl

Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys some really interesting info there.

Ultimately I'm hoping we can adjust the momentum and keep that a) because I love it and b) because I could really do with getting a dressage saddle sorted out.

Seems more like the barnsby range is more my cup of tea going by what everyone is saying. I'm only diddly squat at 5'2 not like you leggy lot so maybe that will have some bearing on which way we go...

Hadnt thought about the Milton but actually I recall hearing a LOT of good feedback about it so might be another one to try if we do have to go down the route of changing saddles.

Thanks guys!

Scarlett

Visit site
I had a Kontrol that I loved, but it was very blocky - great on the naughty tb, not great when trying to do anything else - now have 3 Barnsbys inc a Milton and would recommend it if minimal is your thing. I'd love an Xtreem but sadly out of budget.

alwaysbroke

Visit site
OH has the jumping version of the Xtreem he is 6ft with long legs, he finds the 17.5 fine, but I find at 5'7 with long legs I am a little 'lost' in it, although it has saved me at least 3 times when I should have hit the deck. I am lucky to have the mono Xtreem, a bargain buy form ebay brand new £500 it is a 17 and I love it. OH also events my horse in this saddle it works ok for him, but he does prefer his own.
Both daughters manage really well with mine, one long legged 6ft and the other 5ft 5 average build. Would love to have another for Minis pony and my boy to share but feel that is just a bit too greedy:D

allbnl

Visit site
I have the albion ultimate kontact lite and thought I would be buying another one and in the end have bought albion ultimate k2 jump. I have opted for the more "Stickerability" leather and just waiting for delivery as being made in black. When I tried it I couldn't feel much difference in the shape/feel of the less squared cantle, or that was going from mono flap to dual flap, but lower leg especially around ankle was more secure in the k2.