Anyone having trouble buying as well as selling?

JaneMBE

Visit site
Still looking for the elusive horse.
We found one, was going to buy him without trying he sounded ideal. He was also 300 miles away! The owner, who promised us she wouldn't let anyone see him (we were getting him Saturday) lied and sold him the next day. Gutted
frown.gif

So, come Monday, I have one 14.3 cob with typical cob attitude, and one 14.2 welsh mare as my biggest horses. Already having to turn clients away. Not good. Jeddah is not suitable for clients, and Tracy's Sam is not part of the school.
I have upped my budget to 1500 as I am now desperate. (Was looking at under 1000, but only horses in that budget are arthritic or have leg problems) Being a reg'd charity we don't have the funds to go over that price range and my bank funds are, ahem, 'low'.

Tis very hard to buying at the moment, particularly as the happy hacker non event types are few and far between.

I'm sure something will turn up, just wish it would be sooner rather than later!

Gingernags

Visit site
It does seem difficult to find what you want. We're looking for a 15-15.3 mare or gelding, good to hack more than anything but capable of maybe riding club events at the most. Age 5-8. And with a budget of £3000 to £3500 you'd think there would be a decent range.

Nope! People are selling horses with bog spavins and old ligament injuries for £3000, or just off the track with a couple of weeks flat work. Honestly, you should be able to get a reasonable all rounder for that, some we've seen are worth half what they've advertised them for!

I even saw one the other day, fit the bill above reduced to £4000 cos it weaved! REDUCED to 4k!!!!

Honestly, if anyone has the money about for cloning, I'll go into partnership with them and we can clone the ginger one, we'd make a fortune in a few years, seriously!

JaneMBE

Visit site
I need a solid type for the school, well 2 actually. over 15 hands, not too young, the sort that has settled down, age up to 18 is ok.
Nothing that is more into eventing/jumping/showing. Looks unimportant. Not a full TB type but something with tb mix is ok.
Just your average horse, suitable for novice and upwards.
Something with bolshy ground troubles not an issue, but anything that chucks bucks or rears or pelts off for home not good.

Can manage minor problems like sweetitch/weaving etc.
Because we are governed by the council and have regular vet checks, something with mild arthritis is ok, but any more then it's a no no.

I guess I need a typical plod which a lot of people want!
Last year there were lots in my budget, this year, they have disappeared or gone into silly money.

I wish I could clone too!

spike123

Visit site
we have quite a few for sale at the yard at the moment that would fit criteria for both you and Coppertop.
We have a 16.1hh tb x who is a happy hacker but doesn't enjoy schooling work,a 15.2hh cob who is proving to be totally bombproof at only 4 years of age,a 15.2hh family horse with a fantastic jump on him who is suited to a total novice,a dressage horse who won prelim 12 first time out, a fantastic youngster in process of being backed right now so potential yet unknown and a 16hh ISH who providing he has a rider to give him confidence is a lovely allrounder.We are down in Kent if anyones interested.Pm me for more info.

Oaksflight

Visit site
Hmm, mine would be perfect to loan to you! Absolute gentleman in the school, never ever seen him buck or rear. Only problem being he's bad to worm, and quite scared of vets. We're currently overcoming his clipping issues. You're a bit far though!
frown.gif

ihatework

Visit site
Yes a good friend of mine has been looking for months.
Her ideal spec is:
15.2-16.1hh, mare or gelding, 5-8 yo, bay or chestnut preferred. Pref TBxWB type. must be relatively easy to have around and handle. must hack alone and in company. must go in trailer. no vices. Wanted for intro/PN eventing, afflilated dressage nov/elem and RC teams.
She is a good lightweight rider who has evented successfully at novice level and doesn't mind something a little sharp, happy to have the odd buck or spook, but rearing and napping is out.
Can we find it for 6.5K ... no chance!

Boodle

Visit site
You can get one of them for that price easily around here!

I could keep an eye out... but you know, you're a bit far away!
tongue.gif

ihatework

Visit site
Thanks V and B,
The little 15hh is so cute, a bargin for someone, but alas a full Tb at 15hh is smaller than she wants, if it were 16hh ...

After another wasted trip yesterday she has now decided that will look hants/surry/berks/wilts/dorset poss s.oxon

JaneMBE

Visit site
Yeh, Yorks is a bit far from us to loan a horse!
Thanks to everyone who has pm'd and replied
smile.gif
Hoping to go see a lovely fella if we can arrange it. I think I am in love already!