anyone hear of a horse & rider killed a few weeks ago?

rrose

Visit site
omg no!!
shocked.gif

Peaches

Visit site
Yes it was in Oxfordshire & I knew her. She was out hacking with her daughter, horse spooked & she was thrown into the path of the lorry. Her poor daughter had to crawl under the lorry to get her mum's mobile phone out to call the ambulance (mind boggles what the lorry driver was doing at this point)

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(mind boggles what the lorry driver was doing at this point)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be so hard on the truck driver - working in A&E I have seen these guys who have knocked over pedistrians come in the psychiatry ward, the state they are in is absolutely shocking. I feel so sorry for them, they are as much a victim of the accident as the injured party (of course assuming negligence/drunk driving/etc is not a factor).

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
How dreadfully sad for all involved.

I have to agree Iain that the driver will no doubt suffer dreadfully for the rest of his life. After all if it is, as it reads, that she was thrown off in front of him he would have no chance to avoid her.

An appalling tragedy and my heart goes out to all involved

hairycob

Visit site
Friends uncle's lorry killed a pedestrian who collapsed & fell under the wheels of his lorry - only doing 20mph at the time & nothing he could do. That was 30 years ago & he has not been able to face driving even a car since. I should imagine this driver was in a real state.

equibabe20

Visit site
I read about that it was in the Bucks Free Press. It was a sewage lorry she was hit by. Poor daughter having to climb underneath to get the phone :9

Gingernags

Visit site
There was one where a young-ish lass - either late teens/early 20's was found, plus the horse, both dead. They *think* that the horse collapsed on her, which killed her, and it staggered up again before collapsing and dying a short distance away.

Originally they thought maybe they had been hit by a car but I think that was rapidly ruled out.

Mind you that might have been a few weeks earlier.

Sorry if its no help, its the only one I can remember hearing about.