Anyone here from Bosbury?

stimpy

Visit site
Anyone here from Bosbury and knows about the riding from Brook Lane? I can see on the map that about 2/3 of the way up Brook Lane there is a track/driveway that branches off going to Note House Farm and on the map it continues north until it eventually meets the A4103 but on the way it intersects with a bridleway running east from Fromes Hill, and that bridleway leads to permissive riding at Hill Farm. That track is not marked as a footpath or bridleway but as a "public right of way" so I am trying to find out whether you can ride it. The track also passes a wood called Beacon Hill which looks like it might be lovely if you could get access. Anyone know? And any other information about riding in the area around Brook Lane would be fabulous :)

Orangehorse

Visit site
I rode from the Permissive riding route at Hill Farm about a month ago, my first time, but I was riding with some people who know it quite well. We went across Hill Farm to come out on a lane and we ended up in Bosbury, we turned left at the church and then took another lane on the left and back up the hill, until we reached a gate to get back onto Hill Farm again.

I can't remember doing any bridlepath route, but I'm afraid that we were so busy chatting I didn't take a huge amount of notice of the actual route! Sorry.

Have you asked the local Parish Council Path Warden? Or looked it up on the Herefordshire County Council Definitive Map? The Worcestershire DM has parish by parish and shows the difference between footpath and bridlepath.

stimpy

Visit site
Thanks for the reply Orangehorse. It's interesting to hear that you made it down into Bosbury from Hill Farm one way and back up another way even if you were talking so much you weren't paying attention ;) The Parish Council path warden is a really good suggestion, I'll follow that up.