Anyone here have/had Equi-safe electric post and rail fencing?

spacie1977

Visit site
I'm wondering whether it's as good as it says it is. The Equisafe rails sound great (attractive, roughly same price as wooden post and rails but with no need for additional electric tape or any maintenance). BUT as it's plastic, my husband is worried it will look like dirty drain pipes after a few years (especially in our British weather) and that it won't take too many cold winters before the plastic begins to crack.
Has anyone had this fencing to be able to comment on the pros and cons?

catroo

Visit site
I don't have this but have had white plastic post and rail which was fab, looked great with minimal maintenance. In five years we only had a couple of broken rails and each spring I'd just given it a wipe over as a bit of a clean

The type you are looking at is available in black as well I believe which might wear the weather better

spacie1977

Visit site
Has anyone else here had flexible plastic horse fencing to be able to comment on it? If so, what company did you get yours from? I'm currently looking at Horse Rail and Centaur. Have read there's some companies supplying fencing that is't up to the job as it ends up cracking/splintering. So need to figure out what brands are best before I fork out thousands of pounds on rubbish.

spacie1977

Visit site
Thanks Catroo. Do you have the duralock for fencing paddocks? I've only seen it used in places where horses won't be left unattended like race tracks. I'm worried the rails will pop out if kicked and my ned will use the opportunity to wander. Also thinking it may be a of idea to get fencing with an electrified top rail. Do you know if they do that?