Anyone in Kent- Mane Pulling Help!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Is there anyone in Kent who would or knows of someone that could pull Otto’s mane for me? Obviously I’m willing to pay!!

I’m rubbish at it and yes I have tried a solo comb but it just looked poo. Gina did a bit but she doesn’t really have time. His mane is quite thick and a bit sticky uppey! If you saw my own hair you would realize I’m not a natural hairdresser.

Have an important thingy (saying at a top trainer’s yard) in November and want him to look smart!

HELP!
confused.gif

Sal_E

Visit site
I don't mind doing it Jo!

I've just purchased one of those Oster mane & tail rakes so we can thin it first & then pull it.

Where are you going, why & for how long - come I want to know everything!
grin.gif
Are the instructor's initials TL by any chance?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
They sure are! Tanya has invited us to her yard for the weekend, ok so we are paying for it, for some intensive training.
She is such a fantastic instructor, I really gelled with her, and she made so much sense. But I really don't want Otto to look like a donkey, well not so much like a donkey anyway!

I would really, really, really appreciate it if you could do it! I'll pay you!!!!!!!

P.S. We are off to Denne Hill on Sunday, wish us luck, let's hope all four feet stay on the groud this time, well apart from the jumping bit! Going to bomb it round the first bit to ware the bugger out!

Sal_E

Visit site
Jo - lunge him before you go. Seriously, that really could make the difference.

Don't be a twit, I don't want paying! Do you want it doing nearer the time, or asap? (could do it asap & then you just need to maintain it, or could do it twice - whatever you prefer...).

Lucky you - is Tanya doing any more clinics do you know? I'd love to come to one.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am pretty crap at pulling manes but getting better - can recommend a metal comb and rubber washing up gloves- makes life much easier. Good luck its very satisfying and quite hard to stop when you get into it!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh thanks, you are such a star! I don't mind but I really would like it done soonish as his mane is a complete state! If you should me how maybe I could maintain it?!?!

I will lunge him before we go, don't tell but he also having a herbal calmer. Have tried it before and it really works.

I know Tanya is doing another Clinic at Karen's yard (Sheppey) and I think it's in October, might be worth asking her. I'm hoping their will be space for us again. I know not many people from Todd Hall ended up having lessons this time.

Sal_E

Visit site
Fab. I'll ask Karen if she can fit me in as well (Karen won't mind, will she?)

If there's LOTS of mane, we might need to do it in a couple of sessions first time as we don't want to make him sore. Probably best use the Oster rake first if you want it thinning, then the solo comb to remove some length if it's very long & then finish off by pulling - much fairer to Otto... (I shall bring a tool box
grin.gif
). Re maintaining it, it'll be dead easy...

I'll give you a call & arrange a session!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes do ask Karen, I'm sure she won't mind. I'm sure you would really like Tanya, calls a 'spade a spade', a bit like Karen, but explains things really well.

Thanks, look forward to chatting, oh and you will be able to meet Blacks!

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
i can -- good luck sunday -- iam going le trec thingy--

dont forget the sponsored ride on the 1st of oct in bredhurst woods detling--- i will be taking my mare - haha

got out of being a marshall lalalalala

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Thanks we need luck, he reared last time I was there so a little nervous!

Did you try and phone me? I have been having problems with my phone and wasn't sure if it was you or not and didn't want to seem stupid by calling if it wasn't you!