Anyone interested in conformation?

gallopingby

Visit site
This is very interesting, would be worthwhile exercise for some of the other breed societies to do. Important to remember it relates specifically to the Pre and not for example to TB as big differences between British riding pony and native breeds as well.

Mule

Visit site
I love that a convex head is a part of their desired conformation. There's something noble about a convex head.

It's reminds me of how you can tell a traditional Irish sport horse from a continental warmblood by the convex profile. They're handsome rather than pretty.

Shady

Visit site
Iv'e just gone out and told Preferido ( Mr P) that he is totally rubbish!!!!

Actually that was interesting and I might just go and measure a few bits of him tomorrow. Iv'e actually always thought he was beautifully put together but he's only just scraped in at the height at 164 and he doesn't quite look like that lot on there. I think he has a better head. One of the things I don't like about some PRE's is that their heads can look too big and long for their necks.

Shady

Visit site
That's odd; most PRE's have tiny heads.
Yes agree and mine is very baroque. It's possible that somebody is producing some poor quality horses around here, I keep seeing long weak looking necks with heavy heads , too roman , if that makes sense.The balance is all wrong, Iv'e been trying to find one to show you but typically I can't now!