Anyone know a website for Godington stud?

Twiglet

Visit site
Just heard from Benjis_girl that Godington stud has a website - anyone know what it is? Can't find it on google and would love a gander at my boy's family......

Twiglet

Visit site
Ooooh, that makes her my boy's........great niece?!

He's half brother to Hannibal
smile.gif

charlie76

Visit site
There you go! She is only 15.3hh but she is doing well in dressage at the moment- very easy temperment, forward but sensible. She is called Sharola Dream- Maker. I'm off to BD tommorow so if I get a decent piccie I will post it and you can see if theres any family resemblence! She looks very much like Hannibel!

Twiglet

Visit site
In which case she's probably nothing like mine he he!
unfortunately he took after his TB mum in the looks department rather than his dashing dad.....

Would love to see pics of yours at dressage though!

the watcher

Visit site
having had a tour round there I do like their horses and wish my pony was just a little bigger so I could use one of their stallions..sadly they are just a bit too big so I need to find a compact TB instead..gutted as the stallions there are all very well natured.

Twiglet

Visit site
Oh wow Custardsmum, she's stunning!! Let us know how the viewing goes.
She looks like she'll make a fabulous allrounder.

And what a fab website - and finally I've seen a decent photo of Roland, Twiglet's sire. What a lovely looking family they are
smile.gif

custard

Visit site
Am also going to Larkshill after, can't believe I'm looking at horses for this kind of money must be off my head!!

Having said that people think nothing of spending that on a car which loses money as soon as you drive it away do they?

Anyway would rather drive an old knacker and have the pony I really want, have waited long enough and yes I deserve it, can you hear me talking myself round to it!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
I love the look of Hannibal, does anyone know what the temperament of his progeny is like? and where i can find a confo shot of him? (purely for curiosities sake.)

ashbank

www.ashbankequestrian.co.uk
I've used Hannibal on a variety of mares, and have got super foals from all types - both Trakehners and non Trakehners. Temperament wise, all the Hannibal youngsters I know are all level headed - but of course you have to remember that the breed in general is going to be a little hotter than your average "dope on a rope". The ones which are old enough to compete are doing well, and the younger ones have had tremendous success in the show ring.

Hannibal does tend to stamp his stock well in type - You can usually tell a Hannibal a mile off. Majority of his foals are bay or chestnut, but there are a few other colours from other coloured mares. He has good movement - not a big dressage trot type - but neat and correct. Good jump, obviously, and a strong canter. He throws good straight limbs (although obviously you can't rely on any stallion to be able to straighten up a badly crooked mare) but he won't add much bone to anything - he is very much a lighter stamp of horse.