Anyone know anyone in Cornwall (Truro area) looking for a nice horse to ride for free

porkpie

Visit site
Hi everyone. My lovely 7 yo Trak x TB has been off for 3 months and I now need to get him back in to work as I am hoping that I might be able to do some eventing this season before we head back into the depths of winter.

However, due to work commitments I often can't ride for several days of the week. Do any of you know anyone based in the Truro area that would like to have the opportunity to ride my gorgeous boy for nothing?

He is 16.3hh (really nearly 17hh) and quite enthusiastic so not a novice ride, although he is a total gentleman, on and off the ground. I could be very flexible with times and days, I would just like to find someone realiable and trustworthy (and obviously a good rider!) who will help me out 3 - 4 times a week. In return, they can ride my lovely boy when it suits them and take him on some lovely hacks. I don't require any contribution to costs - the help in getting him fit and keeping him fit will be enough for me.

If you think you may know someone suitable, please PM me.

Thank you!

majors

Visit site
Hi there are serveral people on the local face book pages (horse related) asking to be sharers. They may be too young and inexpericed but worth a look. I am going to an event on Sunday will keep my ears open, might hear of a suitable person:)

porkpie

Visit site
Hi majors, thank you for that. Which FB pages would you recommend - I've seen Cornwall Tack and Share and stuff, but is there another for sharers I don't know about?

porkpie

Visit site
Thanks all - I realise anyone worth their salt will want to be paid. However I was hoping that there is someone out there who has the experience, but not the time or cash for a horse of their own, and would be happy just to have the chance to ride a nice one on days and times to suit them (within reason of course...)

Its asking lots I know, but if I was in that situation I would jump at the chance!

Heres hoping someone knows someone!

ghostie

Visit site
I don't think it's asking lots at all - lots of people pay to share so surely there are lots of people that would love what is effectively a free share?! Do you have a local riding club you could contact? They mignt know of someone between horses that would love the opportunity.

Princess Jess

Visit site
It sounds like a brilliant opportunity, I would literally bite your hand off! Unfortunatlely I live too far away and am off to university in October anyway :(
Hope you find someone for you lovely boy!

almrc

Visit site
I've found a couple of people to ride mine, however, a lot of people cant ride as well as they say they can so be caareful! I now ask lot of questions before they even come out. You'll find someone, just might take a while....I'm still looking for someone to ride one of mine

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Thanks all - I realise anyone worth their salt will want to be paid.
Not strictly true. I think I'm worth my salt and ride / school a couple of horses for a forum member for free.
I do it to keep riding fit for the horse I compete (different owner) as I only get to ride the comp horse Once a week which is not enough.
Both owners found me on here.

porkpie

Visit site
Thanks all. Good to know I may be able to find someone, and maybe even in this forum. I think its a fantastic opportunity for the right person.