Anyone know how to do these plaits??

sperks93

Visit site
Can anyone do these amazing looking plaits as shown here on the lovely Movistar? Alot of the top dressage riders are using them now and I think they would look fab on my dressage horses!
Thanks,

xxxxx

movistar1.jpg

OneInAMillion

Visit site
his forelock has been plaited as you would a tail
to do the neck plaits you need to plait neatly but loosely at the top and then tightly as you go down then when you roll it up you should get the "wings" as he has on his neck!

Halfstep

Visit site
LOL!!!!
wink.gif

Actually they are really easy. First of all you have the have the main quite long but not to thick. Separate it into bunches at least twice as far apart as your usual plaits. You have to sew these, be warned.

start plaiting quite loose at the top of the plait but make sure you get very tight at the bottom. Wrap your thread around the bottom and pull tight. Then roll them up, pull the thread through the middle and sew in, so you get a puffy top with the button of the plait in the middle. Once you get the hang you can do these really quickly. The trick is to have the mane right in the first place - not too thick and not too short!

Mickeymoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL!!!!
wink.gif

Actually they are really easy. First of all you have the have the main quite long but not to thick. Separate it into bunches at least twice as far apart as your usual plaits. You have to sew these, be warned.

start plaiting quite loose at the top of the plait but make sure you get very tight at the bottom. Wrap your thread around the bottom and pull tight. Then roll them up, pull the thread through the middle and sew in, so you get a puffy top with the button of the plait in the middle. Once you get the hang you can do these really quickly. The trick is to have the mane right in the first place - not too thick and not too short!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats where I go wrong then, everything you have just said I do the opposite. Micks mane is fairly long, Im going to have a go at the weekend. Thanks
smile.gif

Penniless

Visit site
Is there something on the photo I'm not seeing because they are from what I can see, general normal plaits I would put it on any of my horses for showing or racing.

sperks93

Visit site
Hi Penniless,
These are really large plaits(angle of the pic not too good), you would normally have only 5 or 6 of these up the neck compared to sort of 12 or 14. They are very wide and sort of stick up and out at the sides with a small ball in the centre.
Hope this helps!

xxxxx

Penniless

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
how do you get no sticky up bits?... gel ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Make sure your bit of mane you're about to plait is wet and keep the plait tight whilst doing it. The final bit when all done is to spray down the neck with cheap hair spray pushing down any stray strands which may be sticking up. Also make sure you do your plaits with thread and that way, you shouldn't get any loose bits of hair sticking up.

If you want to make sure your plaits stick up (rathan than lay into the neck) then stand on something high so that you plait downwards, rather than reaching upwards or standing level.