Anyone know of any large youngster for sale under saddle ?

twodonkies

Visit site
I am looking for another project and cannot seem to find anything nice under saddle- they all seem to be for sale ready to be broken in, or way above my price range. I just want something that has been sat on and hacked out, a project for myself to bring on eventually to compete?

matt_m

Visit site
I think finding something like this is probably harder because if they've started it and it's going well, why sell on? Would you not be tempted to get a ready to back and send away or back yourself?

Rollin

Visit site
Look on CBHS website or CB Open Forum. Cleveland Bays who do not show their real ability are not trained on, either because the breeder does not ride or run on youngsters, or new owner lacks the ability to bring up to competitions standards. Post your question on the Open Forum - some really nice youngsters for sale at the moment.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
A nice horse which has been broken in and is hacking out is not a 'project'. A project is a horse which has had a hiccup or two (or several), and needs straightening out.

Maybe this is why you are struggling in your price range?

Ted The Twit fits into this. A project bought in at £200. Raised him for 3 years, 1k a year, sent him to be broken as he was too tricky for me, £1600. So an approx spend of £5000. He has won a few intro tests, is safe on the road and will never be anything more than a happy hacker worth maybe 3k as he is a weight carrier.