Anyone know of DIY livery in Southampton

seabiscuit

Visit site
Currently have a 45 min drive to current yard so this is going to make things difficult when my horse starts to come in for the winter, he wont be caught so cant really ask people to help me out
frown.gif
so will have to start looking for somewhere else!

So does anyone know of any good DIY livery that is within reasonable distance of southampton centre/ Junction7 off the M27...

Need good turnout, hacking, stable, and a good arena.

Aslo assistance needed with feeding and if there is anyone brave enough to catch him or turn him out that would be an added bonus!
wink.gif

Can also help out in yard from time to time if needed... can do breaking in/schooling/ride difficult horses etc

Tried all the big yards like Pinkmead, Quob, Exton, Alec Miles but they are all soo expensive and all only offer part livery at £90 a week...

Any advice appreciated!!

seabiscuit

Visit site
wow they do that at the same place at exton stud? that would be cool. Shall I contact Kate to ask if she would know about it?

rabbit

Visit site
NFED is a good place to try; otherwise there are a few off junction 2 of the M27 (only about 15 mins driver from jcn 7 and hacking in the new forest), there is a DIY place I think in horton heath which is just near Hedge End? Oh and in Fair Oak there are two yards - opposite the Fox and Hounds pub! Hope that helps??

jules34

Visit site
Not sure if you've tried this, but Hampshire Saddlery in Botley (and Botley Mills downstairs), Kitnocks in Curdridge, and Shedfield Nursery all have noticeboards and people advertise livery yards on there. Hampshire Saddlery also have a book with all the local livery yards adverts and contact details in.

Hope that helps.

Julia
x