Anyone know of 'Grange Bouncer?'

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Lovely stallion, fab temperament and gets great all rounders. H&H magazine did an article on him maybe last year?? A while ago anyway. He'd be one of my favourite stallions so you should have something nice there!

Gamebird

Visit site
There was a piece on him in H&H but can't remember when. Maybe about 18mths ago? I'm sure you could get a back issue. There was a cracking picture of him at home in Ireland jumping a strand of wire! :eek:

As for progeny someone I know has one doing well at low level eventing - potential to go further, and Daisy Dick (Berkeley) had a nice one but I can't tell you any more.

Is it to show-jump?

Foxford

Visit site
I'm sure JG will be along shortly as I remember she had a grange bouncer horse that looked like my boy!

Saf

community.webshots.com
I used to ride a Grange Bouncer gelding called Cloudhill did one event on him for a friend back in 2004 and also SJ him a bit he was very uncomplicated still have some pics of him somewhere :D

Clava

Visit site
I know someone with two Grange Bouncer horses and they are both gorgeous. One was a very good showjumper in her time and the other is just starting his eventing career (he's only 4 ).

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Dan Jocelyn has the ex Daisy Dick one now - called Brookfield De Bouncer.

When I was at Goresbridge there were a few coming through the sales by him. Most of them grey!

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
All sound promising then!

She is a 5yr old grey mare, jumped BS on a ticket, XC schooled but her flatwork is dire!

She is also a bit of a witch temperament wise! Ears spend most of the time pinned to the back of her head! She was fairly cheap though to balance this.

I dont have her yet, ive put a deposit on her and should be getting her at the end of the month.
She will be for me to pure SJ, although, ive just seen a local 1 day event... lol

gadetra

Visit site
Grange Bounder is a gentleman! He has a superb temperment, and has at least 3 stallions over here. He has competed in dressage himself and not a bad mover. He is a real sweetie and your mares's dam must be some wench cos he's a lovely person and gets a good temp in his off spring. He has Moylough Bouncer and Killinick Bouncer as RID stallion sons, and an ISh one I think?
I am a fan!

buzzles

Visit site
Pretty much what everyone else has said! He's very well known for his fab temperment and producing good all rounders! He's an amazing horse, he's competed at Blarney ***, dressage to elementary and I think he's also got a fair few SJI points. He also hunts twice a week with the Killinicks and that's serious hunt country, GBs are born knowing how to jump a ditch!! I was lucky enough to ride him for A test training and he is a true gentleman.
Jack Lambert who owns him is a right character, I brought my mare down to get covered by him and he led the stallion out with a rope around his neck! My boy is 5 now and is a lovely sort, I'm hoping to event him and there are a lot of GBs out eventing over here. They also seem to do very well at the Future Event Horse League and are also out doing riding club at all levels. Actually he was out doing riding club himself a few years ago! Every horse that I've seen by him (and there are a lot of them around here!) are grey and he really stamps them, you can recognise a GB a mile away and most of them have a real 'look at me' factor!
Here's a couple of pictures of him

GRANGEBOUNCER.jpg

grangebouncer1.jpg

Hedwards

Visit site
Think I saw the one you've just bought adverstised - have to say i liked the look of the photos, but the issues with her 'attitude' put me off a bit! best of luck with her and look forward to reading updates!!

JustMeThen

Visit site
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I'm just looking at another Grange Bouncer horse - and wondered how you got on with yours in the end? Thanks