Anyone know what happened?

setterlover

Visit site
There seems to be a petition running on Facebook to 'bring the injured horses to safety ' what ever that means! I think they want them out of the army and in a 'rescue' of some sort.
I'm sure the army has something place for horses who can no longer return to duty.

Juniper Jack

Visit site
There seems to be a petition running on Facebook to 'bring the injured horses to safety ' what ever that means! I think they want them out of the army and in a 'rescue' of some sort.
I'm sure the army has something place for horses who can no longer return to duty.
The oldest equine rescue in the UK, which has other retired Army horses, has offered to take them, according to at least one online article.

reynold

Visit site
It's the Horse Trust that takes in these horses when they retire thru age or physical issues.
In the last month they've taken in 12 ex service/police horses:

cauda equina

Visit site
From the Horse Trust article:

It was an emotional day and there wasn’t a dry eye as the horses galloped together amongst new pastures, marking the beginning of their retirements. We’re overjoyed to be able to provide these magnificent animals with a well-deserved rest, plenty of carrots and of course those highly adored neck scratches! Despite their age they still have a spring in their step and a new lease of life.

I bet it's emotional!
I feel a bit teary just reading it