Anyone know what this could be?

ktj1891

Visit site
A hard lump appeared on outside of my mares knee after being turned back out from a week box rest due to a fat tendon.

it’s on the outside of her knee joint which she fractured in 2010. It’s hard and not moveable under the skin. It’s not hot or gotten any bigger or smaller. Sorry it’s not particularly clear on the photo.

I will be getting vet our next month anyways to look but just wondered if anyone may have any ideas. 4ED76A2C-DCD8-4BD9-8973-EE3FEEC6B7DE.jpeg

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Second a splint. That's exactly where Granny horse had hers, LL. Did you get it looked at yet? Or are you just keeping an eye on it?

Are your horses slightly pigeon toed at all? Wonder if it's a conformation thing to throw one on the outside high up.

Definitely get it checked by a vet if you are worried though OP... don't take the word of people of the internet ?. Especially if horse also lame/complicated by tendon injury. I never got Granny's checked because she was well retired by then!

I'd be interested to know what the vet says.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
PF not yet but I have worked out exactly when he did it just before lockdown and as it has fully formed and isn’t causing him any problems I’m not that worried about it. His jabs are due in July so as long as nothing changes I will get them to have a quick look.