Anyone know which model Rice trailer this is please?

Julia0803

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a very lightweight trailer. It has to be under 775kg really.

I have seen a rice pony trailer local to me. The seller says it is approx 700kg, but it doesn't have a plate on it, or at least no where obvious that she can see.

It is a pony trailer (she says up to 15h ok), an old model, approx 24years old. Rear load/unload. Three panels on each side and a small jockey door on the left side.

Can anyone please tell me what model they think this might be? And possibly even, how much it weighs?

Thanks very much in advance.

11742267-212-640x1137.jpg

dotty1

Visit site
The Eventer trailer had the pointy front and was made of fibreglass, think this is just the pony trailer.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The early Rice Eventers were alloy and had a square front, I know because we had one from new-ish. It took 2 x 16hh horses and was lightweight, I think just over 600kg. The later ones had the aerodynamic front. I believe the trailer you've shown the photo of is probably the pony trailer (don't know if it has a fancy name), I can only imagine that it will be even lighter than the Eventers.

Upgraded it to a Rice Europa as recommended by honetpot, another good trailer with the benefit of front unload, and mine was under 750 kg even with a (non standard) double floor.