Anyone live in basse Normandie

RichardRider

Visit site
Hi, now officially there is only one Normandy, but to those who might live here, its a rather big place. I was wondering if there were any HHO people living near Argentan, Haras du Pin, Alencon, or Caen? We've been here almost 20 years(1km from Haras du Pin,) and I just thought, with all the comings and goings, and sales of farms in our area, that there might be nice folks to meet and ride with(or just have a cup of something,) right down the road...

enjoy....richard rider

Alec Swan

Visit site
Resident? No. Visitor? Most certainly. I could be SO easily talked in to a french-way of living.

I strongly suspect R_R that you've managed to integrate yourself in to the french-way, but there is really no substitute for those who share our native tongue, is there? We can be multi-bi-lingual, but still we cling to our tribe like origins!

At the end of May I shall have reached a ripe old age. My OH says that we should travel North for a long weekend. I suspect that a 4 day break South and to France would be more to my liking! The more that I think of it, the more that I fancy the idea!

Alec

RichardRider

Visit site
Resident? No. Visitor? Most certainly. I could be SO easily talked in to a french-way of living.

I strongly suspect R_R that you've managed to integrate yourself in to the french-way, but there is really no substitute for those who share our native tongue, is there? We can be multi-bi-lingual, but still we cling to our tribe like origins!

At the end of May I shall have reached a ripe old age. My OH says that we should travel North for a long weekend. I suspect that a 4 day break South and to France would be more to my liking! The more that I think of it, the more that I fancy the idea!

Alec

Alec, you're always welcome, be it here in Normandy or(should your Mrs. prefer,) in Bordeaux(she can go to the beach with my OH...) But my tribe, I suppose, are "Americans." What did Churchill say about our differences though sharing a common language? I just find(in most cases,) you Brits have a very civilized look on life, starting with a HEALTHY SENSE OF HUMOR! So I'm also seeking to meet more of you...

And Sprout, same goes for our little "Breakfast Club;" would/will be a great meet up. Hobo and Mr. Hobo can show you the way. This being said, I'd like my OH to shed her bikini thinking and do a month long visit in Britain one summer(or maybe longer.) Would love to visit you all and have a pint or three....

cheers you two...rr

RichardRider

Visit site
RR, would love to see you both here ...... could take you for a stroll to one of our locals, take you for a hack on the Forest ..... you are welcome any time. Xx

Would really love to see your home Sprout AND visit your super pub restaurant that in walking distance...Trully, to just about anyone who rides the "New Forest" is famous. Someday, if not too old, I'd love to come over and do a riding clinic somewhere, actually staying even a month(not inviting myself mind you,) and learn to ride in a proper English Manner...And since I'm dreaming, I'd love to see(or be invited,) on a hunt, but I believe I'd win the lottery first!

hugs...richard

joosie

Visit site
I just spent the last 5 years living and working in Calvados, about 40mins from Caen, but I have literally just moved away again. Such a beautiful place, I miss it already!

Surreydeb

Visit site
Have friends who live near Saint Pois, one of whom has horses. Love the place :). Visited the stud at Haras du Pin when I was there last year- some fabulous horses! OH and I think from time to time of moving over there ourselves.

RichardRider

Visit site
Have friends who live near Saint Pois, one of whom has horses. Love the place :). Visited the stud at Haras du Pin when I was there last year- some fabulous horses! OH and I think from time to time of moving over there ourselves.

The Haras du Pin is a walk away from our place and we ride in two of their outdoor schools....Great place for horse lovers and probably A LOT CHEAPER than England, the problem for so many though(as for the French,) is making a living...rr