Anyone lived or Living in Dubai??????

Pilib

Visit site
Has anyone got any experience of living in Dubai?

My partner is over there at the moment having some job interviews. I had at first planned on staying in the UK mainly because I didn’t want to leave my horse.

I wondered if anyone has experience of transporting a horse this distance, how do they cope with it and is it fair?

What about the climate, how do horses cope with the temperatures and the change in lifestyle etc……….

What about livery yards, I know the BHS have an approved one in Dubai but I wondered what to expect and potential costs?

It is only a consideration at the moment as I just wouldn’t know what to do faced with the choice of going with my partner or leaving my horse behind! ?

Pilib X

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I'll get my daughter 'AlexandJess' to ask her mate. They are on the same course @ Hartpury and this girl has a stallion back in Dubai at this BHS yard IIRC.

It lives in an airconditioned stable, and can only be exercised in the summer at about 5am and at dusk due to the desert heat.

Also you must have full livery and are not allowed to DIY on this yard.

As for transporting, you'd have to fly it out there.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I spoke to her last night and she said there are two BHS yards out there. You can get cheaper flights if you get on the racehorse transport out there also.

Also, you cand to DIY, but the grooms come as standard regardless of how much you want to do yourself