Anyone lodged a complaint with Police Scotland before?

EmmasMummy

Visit site
Has anyone had to lodge a complaint with the police in Scotland - now or before they all merged?

Was it easy? Do they actually bother to investigate?

And also.........a question re witnesses.........say someone accuses you of something and says they have 2 witnesses, but they are lying about what you did/said, and you have 3 witnesses that you didn't say what they said.........who do/should be believed??

Its all to do with swearing at someone...............

EmmasMummy

Visit site
You want to report someone for swearing?

Nope................OHs mate was cautioned tonight for swearing at a neighbour of his .........2 months ago when they were moving they had to park on the pavement or van would have blocked whole road. She leant out window and said "you cant *********g park there! I'm going to fing call the police!!".

My OH said to her "Go on then"

Seems she did.................but has told the police that they were shouting abuse at her.

OH was the ONLY one that spoke to her......he is 6ft 1, bald and sturdy build. His mate who was cautioned is 5ft 7, skinny as a rake and has longer hair than me and a long beard. But as he was driving he got cautioned - despite not even uttering a word!!

The officers didn't give their names or badge numbers. Threatened him that if he did not take the caution they would BOTH be taken down to the station to spend the weekend in the cells to get to the bottom of it etc.
He was then told he can appeal if he likes, but it will have to go to court and he will most likely end up being charged.

I know many would say leave it, but OH and his mate are outraged at the cheek of the police officer and her attitude and how rude she was to them.

Its not illegal to park on the pavement..........and I should add it is a WIDE pavement - they parked still leaving enough room for a wheelchair etc to get past.

They think this woman was watching his mates flat as this is the first time since the move my OH has been round there......and the police show up now??

I've told them to tell the council as well........as she is a council tenant harassing her neighbours.............not very social. Yes thats petty but I hate busy body neighbours like that

Last edited:

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Two things, to accept a caution is to admit guilt and gives you a crimminal record, the officer should have given name and number. Secondly how to you park on the pavemeny without driving on it?