Anyone near Hexham know what ground is like?

punk

Visit site
Is there anyone here who knows what the going is like at Hexham? Have you had any rain? Does the ground get very hard? Do they airovate (sp)?

Coming a fair distance for Saturday, but might not want to run if it is too hard.

Thanks in advance for any info!

JenniferB

Visit site
Not quite the same, but we were at Hexham racecourse last weekend. The track had been watered but the lorry park field was pretty dry and hard. Sure there's a few folk on here from that part of the world who will advise better though, and good luck if you do decide to go!

ann-jen

Visit site
I'm in Durham so not too far away and the ground is rock hard here - don't know if they treat as the land at Hexham or not. There is rain forecast but its just not happened yet.

punk

Visit site
Thank - you all!! I'm praying for rain today and tomorrow, but forecast looks miserable and cold for Saturday
frown.gif
.! Won't mind if the ground has soffened a bit!!

Any updates appreciated thanks
laugh.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
I'll be there on Sat. The bottom part of the XC (the course starts at the top of the hill, most is on the bottom and you finish with a climb back up the hill) is an old battlefield and generally never hard. Hopefully the rest will be OK too
crazy.gif

beatrice

Visit site
I live a couple of miles from the linnels and ground rather hard. (my horses are kept bout 6 miles away and i have stopped cantering in fields.) Not sure if they water etc.
Generally ground is pretty good at linnels though.
We are forecast rain over the next few days though.