anyone no the history of the irish army equitation school

sherwood'

Visit site
Was just wondering how the army started up and the reasons why we have an irish army that employs showjumpers and eventers? What is the point in that and how can they justify the amount of money being poured into it? is it to promote irish breeding or what??

Niamhy

photobucket.com

Click here

[ QUOTE ]
Equitation School maintains its goal to this day

"to promote Ireland and the Irish horse"

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno what to make of them really, heard its not a nice place for a woman.

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
I have to say I love the Army riders
grin.gif
I think they are a pleasure to watch and the horses are always turned out to perfection! A great ambassador for the Irish Horse in my opinion
grin.gif

sherwood'

Visit site
thanks!! i just no that there is a lot of money avaiable for them to purchase and lease top top horses and they get the best of traning etc so jsut wondered why the teams existed!

I looooovee their sexy outfits tho!! but i have heard like you that as a girl your life is much tougher than if u were a man. in that sense it is rather backward

buzzles

Visit site
I think the army equitation school do a great job in helping to promote the irish horse but they are known to be very sexist. Apparently one of the woman riders ( Iwon't say who but she's an amazing rider and her whole family is involved in showjumping) had a terrible time because she was a woman. She'd bring all the horses she was given on to the top level and then they'd be taken off her and given to one of the male riders. She was never given a chance to compete at any of the top shows or internationally. She left in the end which was a real shame.