anyone recommend good 2nd BE100 ?

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
In the East Anglia area (I'm in Norfolk) we did our first yesterday at Burnham Market which went really well. Just want a nice 2nd run with nothing which is going to scare us the events that are coming up in the area are Little Downham (Someone said this wouldn't be good though)! then Oasby and Norton Disney in October, i would like to do two more events before the end of the season.

Peoples thoughts are much appreciated :)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Not sure why Little Downham wouldn't be good enough, did 'Someone' explain why not? Rosie did Burnham Mkt yesterday on her two 5yr olds - their 3rd 100 - and having been double clear and placed on both has entered them for LD Novice. The ground is always lovely there which is one of our priorities at this time of year.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Is Berkshire college to far ? Lovely xc with nice inviting fences and no tricky combinations.

I went to LD 2 last year, a return trip with a ten year gap. It's beefed up a lot, I was quite surprised as it wasn't like I remembered lol. It was nice though, plenty of questions but nothing horrid. We're going on Oct as our Grassroots rf.

Are the pics on Shoestring ?

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi Iv done oasby be100 a few times and always found it to be very inviting, plus the fact it is very flat which always helps! My 5 year old will have done 4 be90's(has been placed at first two events) and will be doing oasby as his first be100 followed by Norton Disney as his 2nd be100 to finish the season. Iv been told ND is also very nice and a good one to end the season on:) hope that helps!

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
something about being a lot of technical questions, but Burnham Market yesterday i thought had a lot of questions, lots of steps and skinnies etc.

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
Hi Iv done oasby be100 a few times and always found it to be very inviting, plus the fact it is very flat which always helps! My 5 year old will have done 4 be90's(has been placed at first two events) and will be doing oasby as his first be100 followed by Norton Disney as his 2nd be100 to finish the season. Iv been told ND is also very nice and a good one to end the season on:) hope that helps!
I've looked at the pictures of Oasby and it looks nice, and Norton Disney :)

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
Is Berkshire college to far ? Lovely xc with nice inviting fences and no tricky combinations.

I went to LD 2 last year, a return trip with a ten year gap. It's beefed up a lot, I was quite surprised as it wasn't like I remembered lol. It was nice though, plenty of questions but nothing horrid. We're going on Oct as our Grassroots rf.

yes I've been told its quite technical and beefy !! i will look on shoestring x

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site

Berkshire looks like it will be a good 3 and a bit away, as picked a horse up from high wycombe way the other day the M25 does scare me a bit !

Rosiefan

Visit site
I thought it was quite tricky yesterday too - quite technical, tricky lines and turns. I don't think Little Downham would be harder and there are no hills!

Lolo

Visit site
I think they're all much of a muchness round us, with each course offering something a bit different in terms of why it's difficult. But Al tends to put Burnham up there as one of the harder courses. Norton Disney was quite big when she last did it with some interesting questions (not so much technicality but she had to prepare for each fence more), Oasby is pretty nice, Lt. Downham is a bit beefed up but I think it caused more difficulties because it had a reputation for being soft so when it wasn't it caught a lot of people out.

Lt. Downham is my favourite I think of the BE events coming up.

star

Visit site
Little Downham is a BE100 Regional Final and BE seem to have made an effort this year to get rid of the lower level Regionals and choose beefy courses to try and prepare riders more for Badminton so would expect it to be top end.

Dusty85

Visit site
I have always put Burnham Market up there as one of the more difficult/bigger courses, so if you were alright there, I'm sure you will be ok elsewhere. Oasby is a nice course, so id definitely aim there, never went to LD so not sure about that course.

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
Little Downham is a BE100 Regional Final and BE seem to have made an effort this year to get rid of the lower level Regionals and choose beefy courses to try and prepare riders more for Badminton so would expect it to be top end.

yes it was last year !! thanks

MILLGREENLADY

Visit site
Thanks guys on opinions think i will aim for oasby and norton disney as they sound nice, i train with the person at ely so just waiting back on her views. But been competing a lot in august and the start of this month so would be good to chill and go autumn hunting for a couple of weeks before competing again.

Jenni&Ditty

Visit site
I think Norton Disney is meant to be okay, quite inviting and flowing :) but I haven't been to any of the others so not really sure in comparison