Anyone seen their 1st horse fly yet?

Boulty

Visit site
Yes one has already tried to eat me today in Yorks, having my normal ridiculous reaction to it... shall dig out the highest strength fly repellent I can find as ended up at minor injuries a few times last year until I discovered that steroid cream seemed to work well...

LHIS

Visit site
Well I read your threat title completely wrong OP! I read it as 'has anyone seen their first horse [the first they owned] fly [like an aeroplane] yet'. 😂
I need more sleep.
And no, I haven't yet thank goodness. Last year around my neck of the woods they were already here by now, but so far so good 🙏🏻

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, was out on a bike ride yesterday in South Yorkshire and one attached itself to the lycra above my knee! Queue me thigh slapping and wobbling, but happily it did not get a grip!

dulcie_dustyxx

Visit site
A coupe of months ago I was attacked while grooming. Needless to say ended up with rather a lot of blood on my hands getting them off me and Dusty �� BUT haven't seen once sinxe

TGM

Visit site
Not yet in Sussex, usually seem to come out at the very beginning of June here. Interesting that the horseflies seem to emerge early up north than down here!

Coblover63

Visit site
Thanks all! And I had forgotten about the steroid cream. Ooh and the hairdryer tip too!! Only learned those last year. Time to dig out my loose layers, insect repellent and After Bite pen!!

Coblover63

Visit site
Oh I read somewhere last year that if you get a big, red itchy reaction, to blast it with hot air as it helps to break down the toxins in the skin. Having always applied cold compresses (which have always toned down the itch for a while, if not the inflammation) I tried the hairdryer and surprisingly it seemed to work.....

Just obviously be careful to do short sharp blasts and not to seriously burn yourself!!!

rextherobber

Visit site
Well I read your threat title completely wrong OP! I read it as 'has anyone seen their first horse [the first they owned] fly [like an aeroplane] yet'. 😂
I need more sleep.
And no, I haven't yet thank goodness. Last year around my neck of the woods they were already here by now, but so far so good 🙏🏻

I did the same!
None here yet either

LeneHorse

Visit site
Well I read your threat title completely wrong OP! I read it as 'has anyone seen their first horse [the first they owned] fly [like an aeroplane] yet'. ��
����

Me too. You are not alone. No horseflies in our area thankfully