anyone sold horse

calon

Visit site
has anyone sold a horse in the last few weeks , is the market very slow , or did you sell quite quick , where did you advertise ie paper ,mag or net which got best responce . how many viewing before you sold , what type did you sell and in what price range ,also which part of the country sorry to seem so nosy but i am struggleing to find a buyer for what should be an easy to sell family type youngster but am getting no responce to my add just hopeing to get a bit of insight into whats selling and where ect thanks

Halfpass

Visit site
Yep sold mine last week it took 4 months to sell him and I dropped by a third of the original price
shocked.gif
mainly because I knew the home was right but also because he needed to go and the market was slow. Having said that I originaly sold him the same day I put the advert in for the asking price but it all fell through.

Forgot to say I advertised him on Horsemart, horse and hound, project horses and various other free websites. Most response and eventual sale was from Horsemart.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i have sold mine *subject to vetting*. i put the ad on a website ( www.horsemart.co.uk ) and got lots of response immediately, first person to see bought! have only had the ad up for about 2 weeks now i think, was very low key really and wasn't expecting much response! didnt really want to tell everyone/anyone incase he fails vetting, but he was lame a few months ago and the new potential owners want to make sure he is 100% over it.

oh yeah, he is a 14.2hh 5 year old PC eventer/sj, sold for £5950 including tack and rugs.

Skhosu

Visit site
market seems very slow at the mo. Horses definitely aren't really selling!

Not to hijack your post but what age did you sell him as in the end?

seaofdreams

Visit site
my Ellie went on horsemart yesturday, didn't ask for silly money as would like her just to go to a nice home asap as we have no jockey for her, but haven't even had a call on her
i put her on yesturday morning

Hx

Tufty

Visit site
I have heard that the market is bad at the moment. My friend is selling her horse and he is really nice and she put an ad on horsedeals and had very little response, I think there is alot of choice out there because teenagers are just off to university and so after christmas is probably a better time to sell unless you have fantastic facilities to show your horse off e.g major floodlit arena, floodlit cross country (who on earth has one of those) and indoor jumping arena, its too dark and cold at night so people have limited time to view. Good luck anyway horsemart is cheap to advertise but I think you can get alot of time wasters but give it a try, dont respond to e mails because if they are serious they will pick up a phone - my friend learnt that the hard way ! spent hours responding to kids on e mail

vic07

Visit site
Have advertised 2 very classy horses (adv-med dressage horse and intro eventer). Genuine reason for sale, i.e have a job cannot cope with so many! Cracking pair and not had an answer. Think they are cheap for what they are as well. Horses seem to be selling at the bottom of the market. Advertised dressage horse on horse and hound. Eventer on horsemart.

calon

Visit site
sounds as though slow all over then tried all the things on here and have just reduced price to £1800 . only had two enquiries and no follow up viewings hopeing the reduced price will help . resorted to taking him to a sale last sat where he got to £1580 in the ring begining to think i should hav etaken it now but i knew it was a dealer bidding and didnt want him to go to a dealer . he was so well behaved too for aa 4yrs old never batted an eye at anything .he was the dealers type though i suppose but they would have preffered him with his feather on ect i have him cobbed out he is light weight cob but suits it and easy to maintain.hopeing someone looking for a famly xmas pressie.good luck you guys who are also selling and well done to those who have.