Anyone tow with a hybrid?

chocolategirl

Visit site
As title, looking for experiences from anyone who has done this. I’ve got a hybrid, but the salesperson said it wouldn’t be suitable, yet I saw someone pass me on the motorway with the exact same car as me towing a trailer ?

chocolategirl

Visit site
Well what is the hybrid and what is the manufacturers braked towing capacity?
It’s a Land Rover P400e, no idea of the braked towing capacity, never considered it tbh, till I saw someone else. It would just be nice to have an alternative so I don’t have to use husbands work truck all the time ? I’m assuming it would be in the manual? The salesperson was so adamant that it wouldn’t be suitable, I’ve just taken his word for it ?

albeg

Visit site
It’s a Land Rover P400e, no idea of the braked towing capacity, never considered it tbh, till I saw someone else. It would just be nice to have an alternative so I don’t have to use husbands work truck all the time ? I’m assuming it would be in the manual? The salesperson was so adamant that it wouldn’t be suitable, I’ve just taken his word for it ?

You can calculate it from the VIN plate, which should be on a door frame or under the bonnet.

ihatework

Visit site
Range Rover rather than Land Rover? Quick google seems to suggest that the Range Rover P400e is 2.5T, so depending on what you are planning on towing it should be ok for most routine horse stuff. 2 big horses in a bigger trailer prob not.

deb_l222

Visit site
Quick google of P400e towing capacity reveals 3500kg which is about as high as most cars get!

I’m looking to swap to a hybrid and having to take towing into consideration. It would appear those manufacturers already known for towing, Land Rover, Volvo etc are coming out on top.

Annagain

Visit site
Quick google of P400e towing capacity reveals 3500kg which is about as high as most cars get!

I’m looking to swap to a hybrid and having to take towing into consideration. It would appear those manufacturers already known for towing, Land Rover, Volvo etc are coming out on top.
I think that's the new Defender. The p400e engine is in several models including the Range Rover Sport (2500kg capacity) and the Velar (2400kg capacity) so OP need to be clears she's looking at the correct spec.

chocolategirl

Visit site
Range Rover rather than Land Rover? Quick google seems to suggest that the Range Rover P400e is 2.5T, so depending on what you are planning on towing it should be ok for most routine horse stuff. 2 big horses in a bigger trailer prob not.
Yes it’s the Range Rover model, petrol hybrid ?