Anyone use a micklem on a pony?

Ranyhyn

Visit site
As title really.

Section A pony. Just thinking about it, have never seen one on a pony before so just wondering if anyone has used one and if so how you found they fit etc.

be positive

Visit site
Do you think it would fit a 11.2?

The spotty pony has a head that is relatively big for it's size and the buckles are at the top of the cheekpieces, even a chunky sec a will usually have a far smaller, narrower head, the sec c we have one on has a smallish head and it doesn't sit very well, the noseband ends up too high with some bits, I know if I tried it on my 12 hand sec a the bit will be hanging out of her mouth and the noseband will be on her nostrils.
The problem with them is they have to fit well and suit the face to be comfortable, I have one and it doesn't fit properly on some even though it technically fits it sits in the wrong places often with the noseband too high to have the bit in the correct place.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Fiddlesticks.

I see a lot of the smaller comfort type bridles dont seem to go down to sm pony sizes.

As if because their midgets their comfort doesnt matter :D

be positive

Visit site
The very small ponies with quality tend to have such tiny heads they almost need made to measure to get a fixed type of bridle sitting properly, I have struggled over the years to just get normal bridles to fit correctly and have numerous odds and ends as a result but none with a comfort headpiece.