anyone use simple system feeds??

eventrider23

Visit site
A girl at my yard uses them and seems to be getting on fine and the horses are looking okay on it with no probs. I personally wouldn't use them soley on my horses as it looks so bland and I imagine is incredibly boring for them as I know the only problem my friend has with it is that the horses never want to finish off their feeds yet are desperate to have some of the other horse's feeds.
I don't know too much about them but would imagine that they would only really be suitable for horses in light work as they are so basic.

Thistle

Visit site
we event on it. Horses are evolved to eat boring bland food - grass, so it is really good for them. Also gives enough energy for a full days hunting in the winter and horses don't lose condition unlike when on ordinary food.

clipclop

Visit site
Yes, I do and I know of many others who also use it.

If you speak to Jane at Simple Systems she will advise you of what your horse requires.

I know of horses who are on Simple Systems who are Golden Horse Shoe Endurance, Intermediate Eventers and Grand Prix Dressage as well as bog standards like myself.
smile.gif

My horses love the stuff.

Give it a fair try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I think a fair few HHOers use it too.

Cheers
C x
smile.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
It is excellent as it is cereal and sugar free and provides a slow release energy. Many endurance horses are fed on it and Jane herself has done 75 miles across Exmoor. It is particuarly good for fizzy or excitable horses. I am a bit biased as Tilly is featured on their gallery on the website! Jane is incredibly knowledgeable about feeding, so it is worth giving her a ring.