Anyone used Bute X by Global Herbs??

Tangaroo

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has used the Global Herbs Bute x.
My boy has foot problems which have been diagnosed using MRI scans and occasionally we have to use Bute. I was wondering if Bute X would be a good substitute or if anyone had used anything similar?

halo320

Visit site
my friend has a section b who had laminitis. the vet had done some work on his feet and the wee man was really sore. she had him on it and she swore there was nothing better. i think they have a really good reputation, i only wish they put ingredients on the tub so u knew what ur feeding. but yeah, she said its worth the money

Tangaroo

Visit site
He has degenerative deep flexor tendons in all four legs!! Unusual i know. He is nine, and two years ago when diagnosed, Liphook said he would never be sound and we might as well think of having him PTS! My vet and farrier got him sound with a course of bute and Navilox and heart bar shoes. He has been sound for two years now and has hacked out and done some dressage and jumping, only on good going though. He has just started showing signs of shortened stride again and reluctance to go forward and we are looking for an alternative to Bute if necessary to keep him comfortable.

brightmount

Visit site
OK, I only asked to ascertain whether you should be looking at pain management or cure, and it looks like you are on the right track to just try and keep him comfortable. My horse had navicular syndrome, which showed up on MRI, and we have been able to put her right by going down the barefoot route. Clearly your case is different.

Danilon is another alternative to bute which I think is preferred with regard to side effects, but maybe you can find a natural product that works - good luck with him
smile.gif

Tangaroo

Visit site
Thanks for that, yes it was actually Danilon he had originally, but as you can probably understand, we cannot cure him and going down the natural route would be preferable if possible. I have bought another horse to event, which takes the pressure of him, he can just happy hack if necessary!

galaxy

Visit site
I have used Bute X. My horse's problem is not as serious as yours. He is stiff behind and occasionally used to take short strides. The vets just said to ignore it and turn out as much as possible as it was just stiffness. Anyway, the yard I was at at the time had restrictive grazing throughout the winter which was not great for him, and someone recomended this. He was on it for one winter and it really helped. Had no problems at all. The next winter I decided to ring Global Herbs and have a chat and they recomended changing him onto MoveFree Plus which is basically a joint supplement with Bute X in it. (It is actually cheaper so I was quite impressed. Not often and company does that!) I was quite pleased with both of the products. Maybe worth a go. Why not call the company and have a chat. The guy who runs it is actually a vet so he knows what he will know what you are talking about.

Troggy

Visit site
Have just started to use Bute Free so glad for a good review!

On a different note, can too much MSM be bad?? It's just she was already on Gold Label Glucosamine Plus 5000 but for several reasons I feel she will benefit from Devil's claw as well. As both products contain MSM I stopped using the glucosamine, but is this necessary, can I use both at the same time? I am aware both Glucosamine and Devil's claw serve different purposes.

Sorry to hijack thread!