Anyone used Equiwinner Patches for tying up?

royal

Visit site
As title really - getting to the point where I'm willing to try anything if there's a chance it might work!!

But as these are £59 for a 10 day course, just thought I'd see if anyone on here has used them.

ps. I have been dealing with this for a number of years and am doing all the usual ie: no enforced stabling, vit e and selenium, no sugar/starch, etc etc!!

rosie fronfelen

Visit site
As title really - getting to the point where I'm willing to try anything if there's a chance it might work!!

But as these are £59 for a 10 day course, just thought I'd see if anyone on here has used them.

ps. I have been dealing with this for a number of years and am doing all the usual ie: no enforced stabling, vit e and selenium, no sugar/starch, etc etc!!

i have used them for nose bleeds which they sorted, so i am a believer-

duggan

Visit site
Got a racehorse that tied up badly 6 weeks ago. Had a week with no progress then started the patches. He ran on Monday into 3rd on ground that wasn't ideal, no signs of tying up afterwards and he's lined up for another run in two weeks.
I put a patch on after he ran, made me feel better!!
I have no real proof nor idea why they should work, but I have a horse I expected to put away for the season back and racing well, so I am willing to believe. I've also put him on lower protein, and added LoSalt and selenium to his diet, they MAY have brought about the improvement but i'm willing to use the patches again in case it was them.

Big source of amusement on the yard when the horse is wearing them, as I said I have no idea why they work but i'm converted and will use them again.

royal

Visit site
Wow....for a racehorse to run 6 weeks after tying up is amazing!

My horse already has selenium and salt in her diet....so I think I'm willing to give these patches a go....can you exercise the horse with them on? (assuming she goes onto ridden work)....do they come off if they roll/lie down?

How long was your horse on box rest?

duggan

Visit site
He was in for a week, looked almost right again so had a day at grass but tied up same day. He then had about 5 days in his box, with patches on for two of them. Walking out for a few days after, then increasing back to normal work. He started his fast work about 3 days after the 10 days of patches. Not used them since, apart from after his run. None of the patches moved at all, he was lightly rugged at night and he rolls lots!
I've been advised to use LoSalt rather than salt or electrolytes, not sure if it makes a difference though.
I never expected to have him back this season. But he has progressed so well we've just let him tell us and he's absolutely fine. PM me your email address and i'll send some pictures. When he tied up after his run he looked like he had appalling stringhalt within 15 mins of his race, we struggled to get him on the box and home. For about 5 days he barely moved and was very tender over his hamstrings if we touched them. It's horrible to deal with, there's so little you can do to help.
You do get a very good quality sandwich box with the patches too, always a bonus ;o)

PIP17

Visit site
I used these patches last summer to help my horse with his headshaking and although they didnt stop it - they DID help. I did get some funny looks when I hacked him out etc but I just told everyone he was trying to give up smoking!! They are also a very helpful company to deal with - I rung them first and they were great to speak to.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Zombie thread 9 years old. A lot more is known about tying up now and I would not touch any cure that suggested sticking a patch on a horse daily for ten days would protect it from tying up for a whole season of competition. The marketing blurb reads like pure snake oil.