Anyone used Global Herbs TendonEaze or similar ?

eggs

Visit site
As title really. Have recently had our old retired boy diagnosed with almost complete rupture of his superficial flexor tendon. My hope is to be able to get him field sound but in the meantime he is facing six months box rest.

Adequan injections is a possible way forward but he is not good with injections.

I am trying to find a product that could help speed up the healing process.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

L&M

Visit site
Although have heard good things about Global herbs, mine wouldn't touch the tendoneaze (all their products seem very 'pungent'). I had him on a good quality msm which is recommended for tendons. He also had adequan and I used an ice boot daily until all heat had gone. 18 mnths on he is sound as ever, thank god, but was a long haul!
Good luck

SunnyDaze

Visit site
Agree with 'sidney' the global herbs are very strong smelling! Look and smell like curry powder to me! lol my gelding wouldn't touch it but had my greedy mare on it, to be honest it didn't make any noticeable difference. However I do swear by the use of magnetic boots, they might be something to consider for your boy!

Hope he is on the mend soon :)

Aragon56

Visit site
It didn't really make any difference to my mare, but then I used it when she was on field rest, not at the start of the injury.

It smells absolutely awful and I had to use apple juice and sugarbeet to disguise it, even then I could never get her up to the full dose as she would refuse to eat it if there were any more than 2 scoops in her feed. I would try MSM or something similar, mine has had to be retired due to her DDFT injury (which was very severe) and is now on devils claw just to reduce her stiffness in the field.

eggs

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I will save myself some money and get some MSM and magnetic boots.

My other horse was not keen on eating the GH calmer due - I think - to the strong smell.

Izzwizz

Visit site
I use NAF Msm for my mare who is recovering from a tear in her DDFT. Shes just coming back into work now and I do actually think its made a difference to her.