Anyone with unhorsey o/h's??? keeping them occupied!

matthew

Visit site
I am fence judging at a p/c event tomorrow (probably shouldnt be drinking so much wine now) un horsey o/h has been roped in to do it-as i havnt ridden since i met him (3 years) i am a bit worried about keeping him occupied! i gave him the rule book to read through but he couldnt really feign an interest bless him! he has watched eventing with me before but he is really worried he is 'going to look silly' ! do you lot get unhorsey o/h's involved in judging and if so -what do they do???

L

lilym

my OH would leg it as soon as a horse came near him!! not much help i'm afraid! good luck!

matthew

Visit site
you lot really are no help-lol! he is great with animals but ive been around horses all my life but i suppose if you havvnt they would bee pretty daunting!! i told him he can be in charge of 'man stuff' such as mending the jumping and stomping the grass down around the take off area!! sometimes i wish i had a rich o/h who owned a competition yard - i would be in my elliment then !! wishful thinking i suppose!

hayliana

Visit site
man stuff is a great idea!

have to say mine isnt horsey, but is a country boy so is very willing. perhaps offer some al fresco sex??! LOL
grin.gif

Zebedee

Visit site
He won't look silly! You don't have to be 'horsey' to know if the horse has stopped,or to read the number on the bib! Anyway PC rules require two judges per fence, so he's unlikely to be on his own. If he is they'll probably site at everyones favourite 'the log' & he'll have an incident free day!
I do so hope he enjoys it, or at least doesn't hate it so much he's going to refuse to do it again. Every helper no matter how inexperienced is worth their weight in gold!

GTs

Visit site
Just tell him how well behaved he is will dictate the amount of loving he will get that week.

matthew

Visit site
GT'S i already told him that! lol! my god men are so easy to mould-they really will do anything without to much pressure- ah well i am going to watch the super bikes with him on monday and i am woried i will look silly there- i knew nothing about bikes -give me a horse any day!!!

Onyxia

Visit site
Awwwww, bless him for agreeing in the first place!!
Has he got a hand held console or laptop he can play ith in between being a big stong man and helping the girls fix things( men do love that!).Or maybe just bribr him with some new tools/new computer whatever for christmas if he behaves!

K9Wendy

Visit site
LOL... been there and done that!!

I keep my occupied by making coffee, that is he does!! He has a little camping burner, kettle and some cups, coffee & milk all in a tidy little box (can be purchased from Millets in the bored husband department). He makes coffee, enjoys a good book and chatting to the other pissed off looking husbands! He is also a professional photographer and sometimes takes photos for pleasure! If you are driving and it is a hot day a few beers or wine might go down well.. Over the years they get better!

spike123

Visit site
My very unhorsey OH has recently become a convert.He gets dragged along to my lessons,clinics and shows as an unpaid groom,helps at the yard with mucking out and had just started up his own horsey business building showjumps.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
You sure he's not got another woman!? I'd be mightily suspicious if my OH suddenly did anything horsey of his own accord. This is after 25 years of living with me, my horses and latterly our two horsey children. He can just about identify each equine while they are here at home (just the four) but couldn't pick them out in a herd! He said yesterday,"You pay HOW much for shoes every six weeks????" My farrier has been coming here for over 20 years..... Ah well, he pays the vet bills. Heck, he pays ALL the bills. I guess I'm lucky, but I do wonder what it would be like to mention today's schooling problems and not hear snoring after two seconds. Bliss?

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine fence stewards at the point-to-point. At some time during the day he ALWAYS has to leg a jockey up onto a stomping great thoroughbred. He HATES it!!

I'd get him drunk!

lizstuguinness

Visit site
at least your o/h is supportive!

when i met my o/h i was riding for this old bloke. When i decided that i was giving up due to illness and family commitments the old bloke went nuts and i had to call the police to keep him away from us.

now my o/h thinks all horsey people are like this and it has taken me 5 years to con him into letting me have a horse without being an arse about it.

however im not allowed to compete in any way!!!!!
so i will just have to find a way around this next issue

just be thankful yours is there for you. god knows what id do if i actually had to make a choice horse or husband!