Anyones horses just not moulting yet?

[59668]

Visit site
I've had my cob fully clipped again now she is coming back into work from injury. There was just no sign of moulting yet! A sign of the weird weather we're having?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i've got a total mixture with my gang. the TBs are pretty much all moulted out, the oldies are doing their best, the clipped one is mostly in her summer clothes and the yearling is still super fuzzy.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I clipped F on 7th December for the second time. I am not very good at clipping. The clip lines are still visible and apart from cat hairs, some of which I have trimmed, the only regrowth is a little on his head. His saddle patch has very little shedding.

Pippity

Visit site
Mine finally started a week or so ago, after desperately clinging on to every hair. It was quite embarrassing when the physio was here. Despite spending half an hour stripping, there were still clouds of fluff everywhere.

Michen

Visit site
I've got two clipped at same time (feb I think, end of), one has his summer coat completely through and the other still looked just clipped with winter bod.

Can't understand it!

J&S

Visit site
My coloured mare is nearly through to summer coat now, just some long wispy bits but the little native has summer coat on the clipped bits and a short thick fuzz on the rest.

ecb89

Visit site
Mine is. He was clipped quite late so the hair is really short, every time I leave the yard I’m all itchy like I’ve just clipped.
His winter clipped colour is really pale but he’s starting to turn nice and deep ginger.

Attachments

• 60096DFE-16AB-4E86-9A6F-97424F0DF3EC.jpeg
    60096DFE-16AB-4E86-9A6F-97424F0DF3EC.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9

Cob Life

Visit site
They started later than usual this year (especially the tb) but i got so much off the cob yesterday that upon seeing all the hair on the floor the neighbours asked if I’d clipped him again!?

meleeka

Visit site
Mine are a mixed bag. The only one not madly shedding is the Shetland. I hoovered him the other day and only managed one hoover bag full (it’s so much quicker than brushing!?) I can normally get at least 3 when he’s in full moult.

marmalade76

Visit site
Most of the horses I've had would start letting go of their coats (only a few hairs to start with) as soon as the shortest day was out the way. But not the cob I took on loan last August ( proper gypsy cob), it took him a lot longer to let go of his coat but is shedding like mad now. It's generally controlled by daylight hours rather than temp.

PurBee

Visit site
About 3 weeks ago moulting ferociously began...i loved it, getting clumps of hair out of them and tucking them into branches for the birds to use for nesting - then when the cold weather hit 10 ish days ago, the moulting slowed right down....i momentarily thought “oh no...is this cushings?!” ? but without other symptoms except cold weather i guess they’re holding onto the rest until the cold snap passes...whenever that’ll be!