Aoife Clark - any news on her horse?

Visit site
Horse looked like it had a few incidents on the way round and was a bit leg weary. Then they just got it completely wrong to one of the fences I just hate watching. Glad to hear both are ok.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I thought her round looked quite chaotic from the start. Hope they are both safe.

Anyone know how carolynne Ryan-bell's lovely grey is? Looked very lame :-(

Quite a few dramatic falls. Sad to hear about Orto, it looked catastrophic from the outset but so sorry to hear he was PTS.

Dusty85

Visit site
I'd also be interested to hear how Carolyne's horse is- I was shouting at the laptop screen for her to get off him! He was on three legs and all she could do was make hand gestures in exasperation!!

Shamrock123

Visit site
I was there watching from the other side of the lake so was at a distance but the horse was walking around definitely weight bearing on all four,I was too far away to see anymore.They were circling a lot and kept walking even chucking a bucket of water over him? as Aoife was still on the floor,when she got up there was a lovely round of applause. Was all very efficient the horse ambulance was there quickly and the horse loaded fine.
Hope all are ok and so sad to hear about Orto :"(

armchair_rider

Visit site
I hope he's ok - he's a lovely-looking sort. Must admit, I'm not a fan of her riding . . .

P

I seem to recall that she was one of the people that took a battering on here after Badminton for carrying on when the horse was very tired.

I've seen on Natalie Blundell's facebook page that she and Algebra are both fine.

amage

Visit site
Aoife's fall was going to happen at some stage the way the horse was jumping but Aoife missing him really badly made the fall alot worse. Carolyne Ryan Bell should be spoken to about her behaviour. When your horse pulls up on three legs you get off you don't flute around making a big show of covering your face with your hands. Both should get yellow cards

PolarSkye

Visit site
Aoife's fall was going to happen at some stage the way the horse was jumping but Aoife missing him really badly made the fall alot worse. Carolyne Ryan Bell should be spoken to about her behaviour. When your horse pulls up on three legs you get off you don't flute around making a big show of covering your face with your hands. Both should get yellow cards

I actually meant Carolyne by my comment above . . . if I remember right her riding round Badminton wasn't exactly pretty either . . .

P

Chloe..x

Visit site
Couldn't believe the severity of some of the falls. Loads looked horrific! Surprising horses like Vaguely North and Algebra walked away the way they did

mypegasus

www.themusingsofpegasus.wordpress.com

slumdog

Visit site

Orangehorse

Visit site
Glad to know that the horses are "fine." Hope they are tomorrow too. Any sort of fall needs a physio to look over afterwards, but 100% sure that all the eventers do so.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Agree with other posters that Eoife's round can only be described as sticky at best and downright reckless IMO (sorry can't spell her name!). IMO she should have pulled up after her horse "fell" - can't understand why she wasn't pulled off course TBH coz she blatently should have been; it was only a matter of time before a disaster ensued and she was pretty damn lucky it wasn't a whole lot worse for both horse and rider.

Horse and rider looked a mess from the start; even my non-horsey old mum remarked that it didn't look good.

She deserves a yellow yard IMO.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I only saw the highlights today. The guy who fell at the corner after the uphill bounce (a grey I think?) is that ok? It got pinged upwards it seemed before landing smack on its withers. :(

hcm88

Visit site
I only saw the highlights today. The guy who fell at the corner after the uphill bounce (a grey I think?) is that ok? It got pinged upwards it seemed before landing smack on its withers. :(

Neil Spratt with Upleadon, Neil has a compression fracture in a vertebrae in his back so will be out for a couple of months but will be fine. Believe Upleadon is ok but haven't heard any news, assuming no news is good news.

BBP

Visit site
Upleadon got up and walked off surprisingly sound, my other half has an incredible series of photos of the fall, looked awful from the photos and where I was standing but the horse did everything possible to avoid standing on Neil. (Who looked less sound but I was very happy to see him get up). I was also right next to Aoifes fall (another incredible series of photos, I might post once I know horses are ok). She was incredibly lucky the horse went over her at his loin area rather than his shoulder or barrel going over her. You could see that fall coming a mile away (not saying I could do it better!). Horse was very shocked.
Also felt really sorry for William getting stopped where he did, it was a total balls up as far as I could tell and he looked fuming. His poor horse was a legend to pick up again after getting cooled off.