app to track speed etc

VRIN

Visit site
Hi I met someone on the gallops who was using an app on her phone to record speed/distance etc.. It was called something like stridden but I can't find anything on my app search. Anyone use this app or something similar?

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I think the running ones do it, mapmyrun is one I've heard of. I tried to do it once but it said it couldn't pick up the GPS and I haven't remembered to do it since!

helenchat

Visit site
I use Endomondo too- very easy to use and not only tracks speed but how long you spent travelling at that speed / distance / elevation etc.
And it was actually free to download which is an added bonus !

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I use Runtastic, it gives top speed and average speed overall and for sections. It's the free version however I think the paid version does have some additional tools for a more detailed breakdown.

I tried mapmyrun and endomondo and they kept getting lost and putting me somewhere else however it seems that some apps work better in some areas or on some phones so it's trial and error to find which works best

vallin

Visit site
I used endomondo today on a fun ride and it works really well for that - not sure how well it will work on the gallops but it's free so worth a shot!

tootsietoo

Visit site
I've used Strava which worked ok in as much as it tells you your distance and speed over each km. However, I think there's a real gap in the market for an app specifically aimed at horse people doing canter/gallop work (a bit like the XC app for walking courses) which would be designed to tell you if you're doing 80/90/100 or Novice speed, and speeds over shorter distances, recording recovery time etc. Someone design one please!