Apple Watch

Follysmum

Visit site
Does anyone use one ? Any reviews
Am lookout into maybe getting one instead of using the phone for ViewRanger, will make it easier on wrist instead of keep stopping and getting phone out.

McFluff

Visit site
Yes - I have the apple watch. Love it. It's good while you are riding as you can see texts, calls etc. and if you need to take a call you can through the watch (without having to take your phone out your pocket). The new ones (I think only with EE) can have their own sim so in theory you could go out without your phone on you at all, which would be great in the summer (or even when it is raining so hard that you can't keep your phone dry - the watch is at least waterproof!). I have the previous version and just keep my phone in a pocket. The activity tracker is also really good and is a great way of proving to colleagues that horse riding is real exercise!!!

Follysmum

Visit site
Thankyou that’s helpful I have Garmin 301 which is good for distance heart rate and speed but I still end up looking at phone to follow routes .

McFluff

Visit site
If your app has verbal directions the watch can read them out for you. I’ve used this with other mapping apps - it’s a bit odd having a voice on your wrist saying to turn left in 100m!