Approaching people/companies for sponsorship - any advice welcomed

MissSBird

Visit site
Hi guys

I know a few on here have some sponsorship so thought it would be a good place to ask.

My younger sister has just been selected for a british team, not in any equestrian sport I hasten to add. Her journey to this level has been rather sudden, going from a uni event to suddenly having a trial. From that aspect she doesn't have much in the way of national results (hopefully yet).

Obviously these things cost a lot of money, so we were hoping to gain some sponsorship from companies. I figure she's at the sort of level now that she would be attractive?

So yeah. Any advice/experiences would be appreciated. We're very new to this!

amage

Visit site
What sport has she been selected in? What can she offer companies? What are her college sport results like? Going straight to an international team is not as enticing to companies as unless they are an international company then her competing abroad is not going to maximise their exposure. Put together a portfolio of results, a little bit about her, what she studies etc and go from there. This portfolio is a sales tool....what you are selling is your sister! To be honest I would be far more inclined to approach the college for scholarship money/sponsorship! Much better chance of getting that especially if they have an elite athlete programme

MissSBird

Visit site
She has already applied for elite athlete funding from the University :)

It's snowboarding, so we'd be inclined towards companies that work within the snowsports industry.