aquamax, is it any good?

muffy32

Visit site
My friend has just started using Aquamax, she really likes it and says it has made mucking out quicker and easier but I would like to hear other peoples opinions about it b4 I consider trying it out.

What are your opinions of Aquamax?

Kristine

Visit site
it seems like hard work to get started if im right its the stuff you have to water?
If it's not watered properly it's REALLY dusty and horrible!
Once its down and watered it looks easier to maintain than a straw bed but in my oppinion shavings are just the best :p

ihatework

Visit site
I think its one of those that you either love or hate.

I absolutely hated it but a friend of mine uses it and loves it!

Offer to muck your friend horse out a few times and see if you like it before splashing out on putting your own bed down.

BID

Visit site
I used aquamax and have changed to a similar product called woodypet. This is cheaper and breaks down quicker with less watering and isn't dusty. Also when I add a new bag I don't water it as it takes any moisture from the rest of the bedding whereas the aquamax had to be watered to break it down. I use it with rubber mats and find it great. Also it doesn't stick in your horses tail or mane.

They have a website which is www.woodypet.co.uk.

They are very helpfull and will send you a sample as well.

Happytohack

Visit site
I didn't get on with Aquamax at all - couldn't get my head round the watering bit. The whole lot turned into a dusty mess and we took it all out.

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I love it - have used it for 3 years now and it is brilliant - not dusty at all if managed correctly and the vets love it for my COPD horse. Mucking out time has halved. horses are really comfortable and it is so easy to keep clean