Arab Owners

Tinypony

Visit site
Gadebrook Stud might be worth a call as well. I see she only has youngsters on her for sale page, but she knows lots of people and keeps in touch with some of the owners of horses she has bred. That's where I got my Crystal Magician granddaughter, a big strong horse bred for endurance or racing (50% Crabbet on both sides). Agree with the others though, Arabs are strong animals, you don't need a big one.

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
i'm 5'3 and around between 8.5 and 9 stone. my mare is a few milimetres short of 14.2 :)

sy12.png

IMG_8808.jpg

pip6

Visit site
Mine are both Crabbets, my girl an advanced endurance horse & her daughter hopefully in the next few years. They are built like brick dunnies!;)

Crabbets are the original desert war horses, so bred for 1000's of years to carry adult men. They are no dainty daffodils who will wilt under an adult. Arabs are much stronger than people give them credit for, with their short backs & beautifully muscled frames. Husband/wife I know rode their (Crabbet) arabs for 6000km from Wales to Jordan without support. One of thoses horses is now a successful endurance racehorse.

A small stud you may want to look at for endurance is Seren Arabians, along with Worth, Binley, Llain & Gadebrook (yes all Crabbet, sorry but that's my thing). Currently successful endurance sire lines are Imad & Khairho (unfortunately both deceased but stock around).

AshTay

Visit site
This is my arab - she's 9. I'm nearly 5ft8 an weigh just under 9 and a half stone. She's carrying a little more weight now than she was in the photo. We did a 9 mile ride last September and she felt like she could have done it all over again! I'm not sure what "type" of Arab she is. Maybe someone can tell me..?

545122_10150795936571212_597101211_12067705_1245503540_n.jpg

Abbeygale

Visit site
I now have my second Arab after sadly losing my boy Roo last year :(

This was Roo

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02229_2-1-1.jpg

He was just about 15h (on a good day ;)) but deep in his body. I'm about 5'9" and weigh about 9.5 stone. He was Egyptian lines

This is my new girly, by Sensai, a mix of Egyptian and Russian lines. She was 2 in may, and is standing about 15h at her withers now!!! (I honestly don't need encouraging to post pics of her lol)

0a59700d.jpg

ba5b230c.jpg

0efd26c3.jpg

Sorry got carried away - love my girly!! :)

Sprig

Visit site
Thanks so much for all your replies. It has been really helpful. Some gorgeous horses here! I am off to look at some of the websites now. I can't wait until I am searching seriously - not long now hopefully. I will let you know and you can all help!

Wundahorse

Visit site
Mine's Polish bloodlines in her near ancestors but lots of Crabbet further back.She is 15hh,bay and incredibly tough and reliable,always kind and gentle and so easy to do.She is 27 now but still going strong although i do much less with her these days.I'm 5ft 6 and now around 8 i/2 ish stone.