Arab x TB - anyone got one?

Gwenneh

www.insanedressagegirl.com
Leggy with a shaplely head. Sometimes a bit short-backed. Uniformly insane in a completely loveable way!

I kept my horse at an Arab breeder for a bit, and saw a few of these crosses, they're popular among the local endurance set.

Happytohack

Visit site
Know a lot of them on our endurance scene - anglo arabs are very popular especially with riders wanting something bigger than an Arab. They can be pretty hot though!

sevenoceans

Visit site
it is anglo arab.... TB's ancestors are arabs aswell

I had one... Mine was stubborn but clever, fanastic jumper, always tries her hardest. she has short back as arabs do have missing a rib if i remember rightly.
This is her...
Remy002.jpg

Petrie

Visit site
Not personally, but a very good friend of mine has an arab cross tb/welsh, so only a quarter welsh. It's absolutely lovely, jumps, goes xc, everything. But perhaps that's the welshy!!

I think it could be rather nice, but it would be very lightweight, I would have thought. And niether arabs nor tbs are known for their laid-back nature!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Had a friend, who had one, it was nutty as a fruit cake! Very spooky and sharp. Lovely horse but not for the faint hearted! It may have just been her horse though?

vic07

Visit site
0610070002.jpg

Think she is a tb x arab. She is a fabulous mare. Bit silly. But very talented, intelligent with a very good attitude!

Judie

Visit site
Gosh, in a nut shell then, their short, leggy, mad but loveable....ummm not sure about it then for dressage
laugh.gif

Pasha

Visit site
Like any breed, you get good ones and bad ones! My parents brought me a 4yr old Anglo when I was 14 - he was like a mini TB to look at, but had a shorter stronger back and boy could he jump!!!!!

Temperament wise he was the most cuddly, soppy kind thing in the stable AND 100% bomp proof on the roads!

He did get excited jumping - a real speed demon, but that was more due to his age I think than anything else.

Personally I would only buy pure bred Arabs now or Arab Xs - I hack ALOT and all the ones I have had have been excellent in traffic and they make great dressage horses too!

katiejaye

Visit site
I have no real idea what breeding my boy is but I have suggested arab x TB or anglo-arab x quite a few times. He is incredibly intelligent, bright, FAST, lovely mover, sharpe but honest, fantastic jump! He's a real character and a horse in a million...can be a little grump sometimes though! He's def not a novice's horse though! He has a very pretty head and is quite short coupled. This is what he looks like:

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

katiejaye

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He did get excited jumping - a real speed demon, but that was more due to his age I think than anything else.
and they make great dressage horses too!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds just like mine
grin.gif

Judie

Visit site
He's lovely, how old is he?

If you were really honest how far up the dressage ladder do you think they can go? Big question I know, but I'm looking for my next horse to go at least PSG but it needs to be cheap!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
One of my yearlings is an arab x (trak x tb) and she is very fine. She was bred to make a ISRT or a small hack, but i have bought her in the hopes she will do dressage eventually. She is very much like my other PB arab in that she is bold, extremely forward thinking and knows what she wants. She has a very old head on young shoulders and picks things up very quickly. Movement wise she is very different from my pure bred Trakehner who is a bit heavier set however she does extend well and floats across the ground when loose but i suppose the movement will depend on each individual horse.

Here is a piccie of her. She is by the arab stallion Eternal sky out of a mare by Downlands Hasardeur.

P7130029.jpg

What are the details of the one you are hoping to look at??

katiejaye

Visit site
He's 13 now and he has the ability to go all the way. I used to SJ him and I only really started with a good dressage trainer last year and he has gone from prelim to elementary very quickly in that time and I am looking towards medium advanced. My trainer adores him...thinks he's a real star!!! He is a real little diamond, moves incredibly well and is very attractive which really helps. I am sure if he had started BD younger he would have reached very high up the ladder by now but considering he's only been competing seriously for a year he's progressed incredibly quickly. The piccy of him in my sig below is fairly recent as is this:

horse2.jpg

ann-jen

Visit site
My bay mare to the left of my signature is 25% arab, 25% TB and 50% warmblood. She's 16hh and looks like a warmblood but has finer head. Excellent in most respects - will do dressage and jumps literally anything but is a complete drama queen and makes a mountain out a molehill over all sorts of things!

Judie

Visit site
I don't have too many details yet as my mother has just called about one she may have found for me, he is 3, 15.3hh unbroken and steel grey (not my preferred choice of colour!), the mobile then died so waiting for a call back. Family bred but due to circumstances looking for 5* home for him, he was kept because of his paces.

As I've said before I want something to take me further than my current horse in the dressage field but can't afford the typical imported warmblood (no offence to anyone who has one but I'm broke and only 5.1"!) so I am having to keep my options open.

KatB

Visit site
The lady i brought my boy from breed with her arab stallion and crosses with TB, ISH and ID. SOme of her babies have definitely got the paces and trainability to go to the top in showing/dressage, and look like sports horses with the advamntage of flashy arab movement. She thinks nothing compares to an arab for trainability and cleverness once you have a true partnership with one.

_OC_

Visit site
My cob has one as his field mate.......he is very pretty and very ginger(bright chestnut) not a mean bone in his body.....but we often wonder whats going on his "wire head" (my nick name for him!!! ) as he take's fright from everything has got better with age......he is a sweetie!!!
laugh.gif

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She thinks nothing compares to an arab for trainability and cleverness once you have a true partnership with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I wholeheartedly concur!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I SECOND THAT!!!

I used to have an International Dressage Rider train me on my Pure Bred and she almost wet herself when we learnt medium trot! She absoluetly adores my boy, even though she is a die-hard Danish WB fan!

filly190

Visit site
You will brains, speed, staying power. My friend had one and the most wonderful horse ever.

I have t.b's just bought a pure bred arab and would love a cross.

Dont be put off by the "hotness" it's not always the case, and if you can buy a youngster all the better. I had been looking for a nice one for a year and ended up with my pure bred arab as the search did'nt find me one.

Good luck, a nice one is like gold dust!!!