Arabs & Treeless Saddles ?

Kirsti1

Visit site
(sorry this is a follow on from my earlier post on Total contact saddles)
Does anybody out there ride their Arab in a treeless saddle?
can i ask what you and your horse think of them ?
Am trying to find a saddle to fit my boy, he is so flat/broad backed that every 'normal' saddle we have try just slips off sideways or slips forwards over his shoulders. am in 2 minds about treeless, would appreciate any opinions.
please don't suggest a crupper, he would definatley not entertain that idea !!
thanks v much
Kirsti

Happytohack

Visit site
I know several people in the endurance world who ride Arabs in treeless saddles. I have two Torsion saddles (the old version, I am not so keen on the new). I have friends who ride their Arabs in Bob Marshal treeless, and another friend who is trying an Australian partially treed saddle on her Arab. As treeless saddles can be quite expensive, it would be worthwhile trying a few different ones before you buy if possible. If you have a look at www.endurance.net and follow the links to saddles, there is lots of info about saddles for Arabs. Hope this helps

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
My arab's old owners competed him in a treeless for a while (Torison I think). He was fine in it at shorter differences but useless at 80m+ as it would rub him badly. They then used a Podium which was good on him and I still use it now, however I've been trying him and my other horse in a Fhoenix part treed and I'm so pleased with the results I've ordered a GP for him and a dressage for my other horse.

Kirsti1

Visit site
thanks guys, might try to get a torsion saddle on trial, may as well try one as i've tried everything else, haven't tried bareback yet tho !
regards
Kirsti

dannykins

Visit site
hi, ive got an arab with a wide/broad back like yours. I've tried him a couple of times in a torsion treeless as my friend has one - the first time it slipped slightly but the second time it was fine. I'm going to keep having the odd ride in it as i find it really comfy and my boy goes well in it, so if i continue to like it, i might buy myself one eventually! you can get the torsion on trial for free, so worth a try!